Tuesday SOLSC - 7/23/13 - My OLW - Grateful
Since I had a slice already written when Stacey asked for an update on our OLW, I thought I share my thoughts this week.
Over the past seven months, I have found that my OLW - Grateful - comes into my life every day. And I have been truly blessed by so many people and things in my life, but my OLW has made me look at those obscure little things that happen that I don't always think about. In addition to family, friends, good health, etc. here's some of the little things that I'm grateful for.
The books that I read that make me happy, sad, thoughtful, questioning.
The puffy clouds that perk my imagination.
The lyrics to music that make me smile and sing along.
A delicious meal prepared "just for me" by my loving husband.
The delight of spending time with my daughter and granddaughters and future daughter.
The rain that quenches the earth and relieves the drought.
The fish at the hatchery - tiny to big.
A new restaurant.
Knowing that I don't need to use the self check out, because there is a human being ready to ring up my purchases.
Having someone else decide what to have for dinner.
Max's hip problems improving.
Finding the right dress and shoes for the Mother of the Groom
Finding just the right gift for a wedding shower.
Making new friends and renewing "old" friendships.
Getting back together with my prayer group after a month away.
So many things - some obvious, others not - for which I am grateful.

Sounds like you are using your observing skills to support your gratitude. So much excitement and happy occasions for you right now. Your list goes from events that are once in a lifetime to those that recur. Makes me stop and think!
ReplyDeleteYour list, like Anita comments, is thought-provoking and so inviting. I'm thinking through the past week and composing my own list. It's so true that gratitude is the ability to recognize the minutia and be thankful for it! Have a super week!
ReplyDeleteYour list, like Anita comments, is thought-provoking and so inviting. I'm thinking through the past week and composing my own list. It's so true that gratitude is the ability to recognize the minutia and be thankful for it! Have a super week!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you so so much to be grateful for Judy . . .Sounds like you got your perfect dress for the soon to be wedding! Can't wait to hear about the special day!
ReplyDeletelove your word, love your list...especially the self-check out:), love your spirit...xo nanc
ReplyDeleteSo much to be thankful for -- every day! I know it's been said before (maybe Oprah???) we should all keep a grateful journal to remind us we are blessed beyond belief every day - as you said, little or big!
ReplyDeleteI am so grateful for a Mom who is supportive and listens and prays for me every day.
Thanks Mom. Love you and see you soon!!!
I love the OLW. It makes me think every day about how I live my life. Your word is perfect and the list makes me think about all the things in my life that I am grateful for!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read both you and Michelle's take on the wedding! Here's to a happy day