Tuesday SOLSC 8/27/13 - Clearing Out

Today's the day.  
Yes, today, I'm going to do it.  
No excuses.  
It's too hot to do anything outside, so I just need to get started.  
Procrastinated long enough. 
Up the stairs
Open a storage bin
Sigh
Do I keep it, donate it, or throw it out?
Sigh
A pile for here
Another pile to go
A third pile to trash
Sigh
Why did I keep this?
Whatever was I thinking?
Open another bin
Oh, I don't remember this
On and on I go
Meticulously around the room
Open up a dresser drawer full of scraps of fabric
And then bits and pieces of yarn
And then pictures - can't take time to look
I'll never get finished.
After six hours, Hubby says "It's time to quit"
Yes, I'm almost finished.
I look around, smile with a sigh
And wonder why it took me so long to get started.
Ah, such of good feeling
To have a fresh room without clutter.



Comments

  1. yes, it feels so good when you get done but is so hard to start! Congratulations on the clean room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way to spend a miserably hot day! You accomplished so much and it feels good. I should do this, but I think I will wait for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that's where I got that gene!!! Want to come to my house and continue? :) It does feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheering! I find cleaning clutter to be one of the most daunting tasks. I like to tackle small spaces. You did a whole room. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years