Tuesday SOLSC - 12/10/13 - Winter Has Arrived With a Vengence
Predictions of
Freezing rain
Sleet
Ice
Snow
Be prepared
Stay inside
It's coming!
Schools cancelled
Businesses closed
Praying the power will stay on
And it came
The freezing rain & sleet one day
Snow the next
Finally it stopped
But not until there was 3" of ice
topped with 8" of snow
Followed by bone chilling temperatures
More cancellations, more warnings
But the power stayed on and we were
safe inside with a nice warm fire to
keep us warm.
Day 5 still cooped up in the house,
maybe tomorrow.....

WOW - what a stormy stretch. I am SO glad you were able to keep power and your writing going!
ReplyDelete3 inches of ice and 8 inches of snow?!?! Oh my goodness. Hoping you are safe and warm inside. Those pictures are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow! What an experience! We didn't have the ice and snow in Colorado, but we have had the bone chilling temperatures. After four days of sub zero weather and indoor recess, I'd love a day at home reading and baking cookies!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks so cozy...I love the feeling of everything stopping and all the waiting, but around Christmas...totally is hard. I would be reading away, for sure! xo
ReplyDeleteAlthough it is beautiful, we are on our third snow day already! We had over 13 inches and last night got two more! Ugh! Hope you get out soon!
ReplyDeleteI am thankful that we only had half inch of ice. What a relief that the power stayed on! The snow is beautiful, but I sure wish it had waited until school was out. I hope this is not a taste of what is to come!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are lovely - but there's all that danger lurking under that lovliness, right?!
ReplyDeleteYour home is so pretty, Judy & I'm very happy to hear you kept your electricity. I grew up in Missouri and have terrible memories of that ice. We have almost none of that here in Colorado, too dry, but we had the cold, & some did lose their electricity. What a storm that has been all across the nation! Thanks for the pics!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are amazing, but don't do it justice, I'm sure! So glad you all are safe and sound. Hope you get out soon enough! We never got the ice, but 4 inches of snow and more to come this week. The freezing cold is what is getting to us! Brrr!!! Stay warm and snuggle up!
ReplyDelete