Tuesday SOLSC - 1/28/14 - Remembering My Mom
Twenty-five years (2/2/1989)
Where has it gone?
It seems like yesterday
That she went to live with God.
The memories I have
In my mind and heart
She was a fantastic woman
Who brought delight to many.
She loved
She cared
She shared
She gave her all
She fought her battles
Always with a smile
She taught me so much
About life and how important
God was to her.
She relied on Him for everything
And lived her life for His Glory.
I miss her so
each and every day.
I know she's watching
me and my family.
Mom, I hope I've made you proud
I try to live my life
by following your examples.
Thank you, Mom, for being
so special.
Where has it gone?
It seems like yesterday
That she went to live with God.
The memories I have
In my mind and heart
She was a fantastic woman
Who brought delight to many.
She loved
She cared
She shared
She gave her all
She fought her battles
Always with a smile
She taught me so much
About life and how important
God was to her.
She relied on Him for everything
And lived her life for His Glory.
I miss her so
each and every day.
I know she's watching
me and my family.
Mom, I hope I've made you proud
I try to live my life
by following your examples.
Thank you, Mom, for being
so special.

Your post reminds me today that goodness is never forgotten. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI know Grandma is SO proud of us all. I can't even believe 25 years. I can still see her, smell her, feel her arms around me. She was an amazing women, mom, and grandma. Thanks for the memories.
ReplyDelete"And lived her life for His Glory." Isn't this the reason why her memory is so powerful? She loved, and love leaves memories! Beautiful way to start my morning by reading your memories!
ReplyDeleteThis is a sweet piece about your mom. I think you are a woman of God who lives her life for his glory too. When is your next habitat build, by the way? xo
ReplyDeleteIt is so hard to believe '89 was twenty-five years ago. Your mother sounds like a wonderful woman, I'm sure she is proud because you are a caring and compassionate woman too. We tend to live our life from the model we were raised.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful tribute!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely tribute to your mom! She sounds really special. I love the repetition of short phrases in the second stanza -- very powerful!
ReplyDelete