SOLSC 3/2/14 - Embracing Today

As I sit here on Saturday night, writing my slice for Sunday, I'm embracing today.  Embrace is my OLW for 2014 and I continue to search how I can embrace life and all that surrounds me.  This morning when I walked Max, the sun was rising over the lake and was a beautiful, big orange ball, filling the sky with a glow.  The sky was bluer than blue with no clouds in sight.  The temperature was a warm 38 degrees and very little breeze.  In other words, a perfect morning to take a walk.

Max must have been enjoying it also, as he took his time smelling every little pile of leaves and twigs, and greeting his friends along the way.  Even a deer stood and watched us as we proceeded up the hill.  As we turned around to come home, the sun was full in the sky and I could feel its warmth hitting my face.

The birds were singing their songs, welcoming a new day.  And other than their music, I was surrounded by peace and quiet.

So I embrace this morning's walk and try not to think about the weather predicted for the next couple of days - rain, sleet, freezing rain, snow and bitter cold.  Today I embrace the beauty of the Ozarks.

Oh, yes, one more thing that I'm embracing today - hubby cleaned the shower (a task that I do not like). 

Comments

  1. I like your one word; it's one I haven't heard anyone else adopt, and sounds so soul-filling. Glad you could connect with Mother Nature before she send you indoors again to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the springy look you are sporting on the blog! I hope you savored that walk because the weather sounds nasty for a few days. Right now we are coated in sleet and flurries are bouncing around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had enough new snow to cover the twigs (one or two that were visible next to the snow piles). It makes me happy to read that there is evidence of leaves and twigs--spring will arrive here too one day! Glad you got to enjoy the beauty outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a dusting and more cold, but warmth later in the week, so it'll be coming your way too, Judy. Happy to hear the details of what you 'embraced' on your walk. Sounds so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved how you captured the details of your walk, Judy. And the deer! That is cause enough to embrace a new day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely walk you had. I love the image of bluer than blue sky. Like the header of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo for not having to clean the shower! Glad that the hubs gave you that little *heart flutter* for the day.
    Your walk sounds amazing and has inspired me to get up and go on one!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't decide if I am more jealous of the 38 degrees you had today or the fact that your husband cleaned the shower! You are a lucky woman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new look! It looks so springy! I love how you embraced today and enjoyed the small things. If I ever get back outside, I might have a chance to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing better than a clean shower (Go, Mr. C!) and a lovely walk. Perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to agree. Not sure which is better, the warmer weather or the clean shower cleaned by Dad...both beauties in themselves to embrace. Love how you are embracing your word for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and love the look of your blog! We are ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years