SOLSC 3/24/14 - Max Writes
Mom and Dad went away this past weekend. Usually they take me to C & J's house - I really like it there - but this time we drove past their street and kept going. Hey, where are we going? I was getting a little anxious - I just got a hair cut, so I wasn't going there. Maybe to the vet, but no this isn't the way either. They drove a little further thru town (Dad takes a different way than Mom). Oh, now I know where we're going. To my 3rd home - I'm so lucky. When C & J are going someplace with Mom & Dad, I get to go to Ray & Kathy's house.
They're just like C & J - they treat me like royalty. Kathy met us at the door and welcomed me with a fresh bowl of water and lots of sweet talk and back rubs. Ray wasn't there - I had to wait till later in the day when he'd come home. After Mom & Dad left, Kathy played with me, I followed her around the house, checked everything out (just to make sure there weren't any strange critters hanging out), we took a nap and then Ray came home. He likes to wrestle and I enjoy it too. All weekend we got to walk and play and sleep. No cares, no worries. Mom & Dad will be back soon (Kathy kept reassuring me).
Mom & Dad picked me up on Sunday afternoon. I said my good-byes and thought that we'd drive straight home. But, wait, why are we turning on C & J's street? I really want to go home so I can get back into my routine - I'm really needing a nap. We stop at C & J's, get out of the car. Why are they taking my blanket and food inside? They just got home, where can they be going now?
C & J are so excited to see me. I check out the house (just to make sure there are no strange critters hanging out). I get my drink of water and wait. What? Mom & Dad gives hugs and kisses to C & J and then they tell me to be a good boy, give me some lovin' and they go out the door. I look at the closed door, then at C & J and then go find my favorite spot and take a nap. I know that I'll be well fed, pampered, walked, get treats and I get to sleep in (Mom gets up way too early). And, I'll wait till Mom & Dad get back home and then I can get back into my routine. Ahhhh
They're just like C & J - they treat me like royalty. Kathy met us at the door and welcomed me with a fresh bowl of water and lots of sweet talk and back rubs. Ray wasn't there - I had to wait till later in the day when he'd come home. After Mom & Dad left, Kathy played with me, I followed her around the house, checked everything out (just to make sure there weren't any strange critters hanging out), we took a nap and then Ray came home. He likes to wrestle and I enjoy it too. All weekend we got to walk and play and sleep. No cares, no worries. Mom & Dad will be back soon (Kathy kept reassuring me).
Mom & Dad picked me up on Sunday afternoon. I said my good-byes and thought that we'd drive straight home. But, wait, why are we turning on C & J's street? I really want to go home so I can get back into my routine - I'm really needing a nap. We stop at C & J's, get out of the car. Why are they taking my blanket and food inside? They just got home, where can they be going now?
C & J are so excited to see me. I check out the house (just to make sure there are no strange critters hanging out). I get my drink of water and wait. What? Mom & Dad gives hugs and kisses to C & J and then they tell me to be a good boy, give me some lovin' and they go out the door. I look at the closed door, then at C & J and then go find my favorite spot and take a nap. I know that I'll be well fed, pampered, walked, get treats and I get to sleep in (Mom gets up way too early). And, I'll wait till Mom & Dad get back home and then I can get back into my routine. Ahhhh

Loved this. Was definitely surprised at the moment you let your readers know Max is a dog. I always enjoy reading books written from the dog's perspective - Did you read the Art of Racing in the Rain?
ReplyDeleteThis is just a fun read. I used to write a column for our dog training newsletter by the dog. I haven't done that with my new dog, Dave. Thanks for inspiring me to try it again! Hope Max gets home soon!
ReplyDeleteLove the point of view. I have had my cat write for me once. What a different perspective. This was fun to read.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun post. It fits well with picture book - Spike the Ugliest Dog in the Universe but Debra Fraiser. She uses the dogs point of view was well.
ReplyDeleteSorry Max, it seems you are having spring break too. I love how easy you adapt to new situations. It's great to have friends who welcome you with open arms. Soon you will be back to your own home, sure hope no critters move in while you are gone. :-)
ReplyDeleteBusy, busy "traveling" Max, too. Fun to hear from this new POV, Judy.
ReplyDeleteMax is having his own spring break travels! We know he will be well loved, well fed, and well taken care of! I bet it's fun to think and write in "dog" -- love hearing the confusion and acceptance!
ReplyDelete