Tuesday SOL - 4/15/14 - Max Writes - My Latest Adventure
Last week I was lounging around on the front porch with Mom & Dad. The sun was shining and was warm on my old bones. I was quite content, but then I heard a commotion on the road. I lifted up my eye, then my head, then I sat up. The neighbors kids were riding their big wheels on the road and making lots of noise. Their Mom was running after them and trying to get them to stop. My friend, their little dog, followed along behind. I figured I better go see what was happening and off the porch I dashed. Mom yelled, then Dad, but I don't always listen and there must be something interesting happening on the road.
I sniffed and ran. My nose told me to keep going. Mom & Dad kept calling me. I ignored them. They gave up and knew that I would return - eventually.
I traveled down near the resort to see some of my other friends. But, wait, there were some really big trucks down there. I needed to see what was going on. There were men working and this truck had a back end that kept going around with some gray wet stuff pouring out. I steered clear of that - it was loud. I went near where the men were working - they were smoothing out that wet stuff. I walked across some of it and they yelled at me. So I turned around and walked back across. They sounded mad, so I went trotting off.
About that time, Mom & Dad got a call from the resort owners telling to come get me because I had walked across the wet cement. I knew I was in trouble when I saw Dad, so I quick ran home and beat him to the door. It was a good outing and luckily I didn't get any of that nasty wet stuff on my paws.
I sniffed and ran. My nose told me to keep going. Mom & Dad kept calling me. I ignored them. They gave up and knew that I would return - eventually.
I traveled down near the resort to see some of my other friends. But, wait, there were some really big trucks down there. I needed to see what was going on. There were men working and this truck had a back end that kept going around with some gray wet stuff pouring out. I steered clear of that - it was loud. I went near where the men were working - they were smoothing out that wet stuff. I walked across some of it and they yelled at me. So I turned around and walked back across. They sounded mad, so I went trotting off.
About that time, Mom & Dad got a call from the resort owners telling to come get me because I had walked across the wet cement. I knew I was in trouble when I saw Dad, so I quick ran home and beat him to the door. It was a good outing and luckily I didn't get any of that nasty wet stuff on my paws.

Oh, Max..he is such a character! I love the line when he knew that he was in trouble when he saw dad! xo
ReplyDeleteLove the "Mom and Dad got a call from the resort owners. . ." Max tells a great story!
ReplyDeleteEven Max has selected hearing . . . it really must be a man thing! ;-) Glad he didn't get in too much trouble!
ReplyDeleteYou gotta love your pets. Max sounds like a smile waiting to happen.
ReplyDeleteSometimes your nose just gets you in all sorts of trouble. Glad there wasn't any cement on your paws.
ReplyDeleteI love your writing from another perspective! Something to try sometime!
ReplyDeleteMax is a gifted writer. I love his take on things.
ReplyDeleteMax, we know you don't mean to get into so much trouble, but some how you manage! Glad you didn't get stuck in the cement. Guess you were just trying to leave your mark! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my, Max, like others of your nature, you do love a big adventure, don't you? I'm glad you had the sense to run right home, and are sleeping in a corner tonight, keeping a very low profile! (Happy that your mistress shared your story!)
ReplyDeleteOh, you, a curious dog. You would have this adventure again, wouldn't you? Maybe without the cement.
ReplyDeleteToo cute!
ReplyDelete