Tuesday SOL 5/20/14 - Max' Thoughts For the Day

Whenever Mom is home, I don't get a whole lot of rest.  You see, I have to keep an eye on her at all times.  I really worry about her and don't want her out of my sight.  I love my Dad too, but I'm pretty much like him and don't get too concerned about things - unless Mom is around.  Dad is more content to sit at the computer or watch TV, but Mom...  Well, she is constantly on the move.  So when she's home, I have to keep one eye open and be ready to move at a moment's notice.

We have to go outside to read on the back deck or front porch.  Or sometimes we go out to wash the car - I really like that because I get to roam the yard.  Then she heads upstairs to make cards or scrapbook.  That's another favorite spot of mine (and usually where I sleep when it's only me and Dad).  About the time I get all comfy, off she goes to do something else.  In the early morning (when I should really be sleeping), she heads downstairs to exercise.  Of course I need to go, I have a little chipmunk friend who sometimes comes by the door to visit me.  And just when I get all stretched out on the couch, she's up and about again.

Whatever will I do when she retires and is home every day?  I guess I'll have to trust that she'll be okay and will always ask me if I want to go with her.  Right now, it's time for a little snooze - maybe she'll stay in her chair and take a nap too.

Comments

  1. Oh poor Max. No rest for the weary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! When "she" retires she will just start getting busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have clearly painted the picture of the dog who follows at your heels with a nice added perspective - from the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just see Max following you around...getting comfortable and then up and after you again. Fun read for my first post this morning. What a cute little dog...his expression looks so wise. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max, this will keep you young. Sorry it interrupts your sleep. Your mom is a real go-getter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you're keeping Max busy, Judy! He is so pretty! Fun to hear about all that moving around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those eyes. One who is busy while working will not sit still at home even after the retirement. As far as I know, some get even more active. This was a post to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy Max's posts. Maybe he should write a book. I think Max could use a week at a puppy spa where he can be pampered and forget about all of his responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was fun to read! Max seems a thoughtful and kid sort of fellow - and he has his hands full!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Constantly on the move...so sorry Max! That is the job of a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a precious picture - fun slice!! I love Max and am glad he's there to watch out for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Max is a very special little boy. Every now and then we get the privilege of having him stay with us while his mom and dad go traveling. He fills our days with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Max's words are so true! Up and down following you around. No rest for him! He has to watch over Mom! Sweet picture of Macaroni! Love that dog!

    What fun to see Carol leave a comment too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years