Tuesday SOL - 6/3/14 - He's Back Home

Ten days ago, Hubby left me and Max to fend for ourselves.  Oh, not for good, just for a trip to Montana to spend some time visiting with his cousins and do some shooting.

When he first mentioned this trip, I thought to myself:

How wonderful
The whole house to myself
Peace and quiet
No TV
No sports or History Channel
Doing what I want, when I want (I do this whether he's here or not)
Losing some weight because I wouldn't be eating his delicious meals
No answering to "Hon, how do I do this?"  Or, "Why did the computer hiccup?"

And then he left and reality set in:

The whole house to myself - too quiet, no hugs & kisses, nobody to talk to except Max
I had to take care of Max every day including the days I work
Nobody to cook for me - I can only eat so many grilled cheese sandwiches
There's nothing else on TV to watch - except sports and the History channel
Lose weight - ha - I snacked the whole time
I had to clean the house by myself
And, then there was grass/weeds to mow!

So, to welcome him home, I made his favorite - meatloaf (yes, I did cook)!  Max and I are really glad to have him back home.




Comments

  1. Funny post - sort of "Beware of what you wish for, you might get it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special your hubby must feel . . . glad he is back doing what he does best . . . making you happy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was too cute! The 2 sides of every story ... the hopeful time alone versus the missing and being alone.

    Glad Dad is home and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I have to confess, I love having the house to myself from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grass is always greener, isn't it? I feel like you found some appreciation for him that maybe you'd forgotten you had!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad he's back, but you made this funny, Judy. No more grilled cheeses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the play of perspectives. Cheers to hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post. When I am away at a conference my wife always tells me she didn't realize the time it takes to do what I do around the house. It is nice to be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you have your hubby home! Now you have company with whom to watch sports and history channel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years