Tuesday SOL - 7/29/14 - An Unexpected Visitor


A week ago, we were experiencing some beautiful weather - cooler temps, low humidity, a slight breeze.  The windows and doors were open, the breeze was blowing thru the house.  Max and I were sitting and reading.  And then....

I heard a clomp, clomp and then silence.  I went back to my book.  Again, I heard the noise.  I turned in my chair toward the front door and there staring at me with those big brown eyes was a deer.  She was munching away at the few flowers that had graced my petunia basket.

I jumped up. Yelled.  Max barked.  We headed to the door.  She stood on the stairs, just looking at us and continuing to munch on those tasty morsels.  As we got to the door, she backed down the stairs and stood along side of another doe.  Both of them just staring at us, as if asking "what's going on, we just came to visit?"  Max barked one last time before they both turned slowly and headed out to the front yard to see what other tasty tidbits they could find. 

Comments

  1. Yes they certainly have become domesticated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they came that close! A surprise visitor for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers must have been very enticing, Judy. Nice to hear that you saw them so close, but I know it's a challenge to keep flowers blooming so near the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really was a surprise visitor. Maybe they will tell their friends and come back for a party. Better have more flowers ready for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine their clomping hooves up on the stairs. For sure a surprise to see! And to think, she feels slighted too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years