Tuesday SOL - 8/19/14 - A Flying Experience

Our son and daughter-in-law were coming for a visit and I had a great idea.  I could ride back to Illinois with them and visit with Michelle & the girls for a week and then fly back to Branson.  Great idea until I checked the cost of flights from Midway to Branson and they were outrageous.  So I had pretty much given up the idea, until Hubby found a decent rate and non-stop flight, but.....

It was on Buzz Airways.  Hmmmm

I had never heard of them, but they had been flying from Branson, so I figured it wouldn't be too bad.
So I made the arrangements, got my e-tickets and figured out how I could travel with only a carry-on bag.

It was a delightful week with Michelle & M & P.  The girls kept me hopping the whole time, but each moment was special.  We read, played outside, went to the park, played games, played on Grandma's Kindle, and had a special outing to the Morton Arboretum.  The week quickly came to an end and they took me to Midway bright and early on Saturday morning.

I was suppose to check in at Buzz Airways desk, but when I got in the airport,  I couldn't find their desk.  I asked a maintenance person and he looked at me as if I was crazy.  He asked where I was flying, checked the departure board and said it was a scheduled flight and on time.  He suggested I go to one of the other desks and ask them.  He followed me because he wanted to know where it was too.  I found the check-in desk, got my boarding pass, breezed thru security and found my way to the gate.  I was early and there weren't many people around, but at least I was where I was suppose to be.  Now, I only hoped that the plane would arrive at the gate.

The plane arrived and boarding began.  It was a Jetstream 41 - small!!!  Bare bones - no frills.  I arrived at my seat and there was a very large gentleman sitting in the other seat.  The flight attendant said to take the seat behind as there were only 10 passengers on the flight.  A Mom and her daughter (who was terrified of flying) arrived and I was sitting in their seats.  Again the flight attendant told them to take the next seat.  Then after everyone was settled, she said that she would have to move people to balance the weight in the plane.  We took off with no problems, the engines were noisy, there was a little turbulence mid way during the flight, but overall a good flight and we landed 15 minutes early.

I don't get nervous when I fly, so it didn't bother me too much.  But, I was glad that Buzz (by the way Buzz was a woman pilot) got me back home and Hubby picked me up.  

  

Comments

  1. Quite an experience! A little nerve wracking for sure ... not finding the check-in desk, only 10 people on board, balancing the weight of the plane!?! And how very satisfying to learning that Buzz was a woman pilot! I know lots of prayers were said and God got you home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure, Judy. I think it's great that you tried it! When we took my grandson to the Oregon coast a few years ago, the final flight was on a prop plane. My grandson was thrilled, got to visit the cockpit, etc. Small is sometimes more friendly (like you moving seats...) & certainly interesting. Glad you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like flying in the first place. The flight attendant having the passengers play musical chairs would make me wonder what kind of operation this was. Moving people to balance the weight would really send me off the deep end. Glad you enjoyed your week and got back home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Judy I never heard of this airlines either! Glad you made it home safely and the week with Michelle and the girls I bet was worth every minute on the Buzz plane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buzz Airlines is not a name that would give me confidence - but your story has a happy ending...especially because it gifted you time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of Buzz Airlines. Sounds like quite an experience...especially hunting for the desk. That might be a bit unnerving. Kudos for a female pilot!...and she got you there early. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

Tuesday SOL - 9/25/12 - A New Beginning for a Special Couple