Tuesday SOL - 9/16/14 - Fall Is Fast Approaching

Fall is fast approaching
The leaves are changing colors
The temps are dipping below 50
The flowers are fading
The grass is drying up
The hummingbirds sense the change
The days are getting shorter
The humidity is lower
The sunrises and sunsets are vibrant

Soon the leaves will be dropping
Soon the doors and windows will be shut
Soon the fireplace will be blazing

Too soon,

I'm not ready
I still want the warmth of the sun on my skin
I still want the blooming flowers
I still want the hummingbirds diving in and out

But...
The calendar indicates
That, 
Fall is fast approaching.

Comments

  1. So true! We have Sandhill Cranes here in WI. There are three that hang out on the playground at school so I see them every morning when I drive in. I've noticed that their feathers are getting more and more grey each day. I am sad that summer is slipping away too, but am looking forward to the beauty of fall as well.

    Jennifer
    Sweet Writing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. The signs of fall are appearing, but like you, I'm not ready to let go of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess in a way I am ready for fall. I enjoy the warm days and the cool nights. Open the windows, turn off the AC pull up the blankest and get a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have not seen signs as of yet that fall is coming . . . but then not sure we know what the changes will be! We hear fall is beautiful time here so I'll let you know. Temps still in the 80's during the day which is so so different from Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are still in warm weather mode - today, though, I began wising for Fall. I love the leaves turning and the slight chill in the air. But winter can stay faraway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had some perfect fall weather days lately and I have to say, they have been nice. A few weeks ago, it so hot and humid I was ready for a break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, fall is fast approaching ... and I'm ready for the vibrant colors of change, a chill in the air, hanging around the fire pit. However, this month we have had the air conditioning on and the heat was turned on last weekend for the first time! Embrace all that fall brings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fall! Sweater weather is my favorite!

    Love how you wrote this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years