Tuesday SOL 12/16/14 - Winding Down
Next week it's over.
I'm done.
I'm retiring (for the 3rd time).
Winding down
Training
Preparing
Thinking
Planning
Wondering
The last couple of weeks I've been training my replacement. A challenge to try to tell her everything I do. To show her what needs to be accomplished. To share all the things I have learned over the past six years. She asks "what's your routine?" I laugh and say "whatever the days brings". There are no set things that need to be accomplished - just be prepared for the day. Only four more days to share all that needs to be learned.
And after the training, after the worrying, after the daily routine - what's next?
Everyone asks, "What are you going to do?"
Hmm.
No plans, whatever the day brings.
Reading
Making cards
Scrapbooking
Traveling
Learning a new craft
Annoying Hubby
Embracing being retired and enjoying all that each day brings.
I'm done.
I'm retiring (for the 3rd time).
Winding down
Training
Preparing
Thinking
Planning
Wondering
The last couple of weeks I've been training my replacement. A challenge to try to tell her everything I do. To show her what needs to be accomplished. To share all the things I have learned over the past six years. She asks "what's your routine?" I laugh and say "whatever the days brings". There are no set things that need to be accomplished - just be prepared for the day. Only four more days to share all that needs to be learned.
And after the training, after the worrying, after the daily routine - what's next?
Everyone asks, "What are you going to do?"
Hmm.
No plans, whatever the day brings.
Reading
Making cards
Scrapbooking
Traveling
Learning a new craft
Annoying Hubby
Embracing being retired and enjoying all that each day brings.

Congratulations and best wishes, Judy. Next path? Nice to hear you're open to whatever comes your way. I hope you have a marvelous holiday with your family.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes! Your last line wraps it up so beautifully. The one before last is funny.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and good luck! One door closes, but now you have so many others to look forward to opening.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you...knowing you, I'm just guessing that it won't stop you from doing 'good' wherever you travel and engage in. xo
ReplyDeleteWhat a way to end a year! The horizon stretches before you with so many possibilities. I look forward to reading about your next journey into life.
ReplyDeleteWhen I retired for the first and only time I decided that my word to live by would be "flexibility". If I started something and something else (read "better") came along I would switch. After all, there is always tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI love how confident your post is about your - full - days even if you do not make "plans." Congratulations on yet another retirement.
ReplyDelete