Tuesday SOL - 12/2/14 - The Quiet House


The day before Thanksgiving the house filled with chatter.
Daughter, Son-in-law and  Granddaughters (4-1/2 years old)
arrived, tired from being in a car for 10 hours.
In came the luggage, the bags, the toys and books.
Hugs and kisses.
Let the fun begin.
Investigating, searching, talking a mile a minute.
"I just adore this bunny, Grandma"
"This is so pretty, Grandma"
"Can we play on your Nook, Grandma?"
"Can you read me a book, Grandma?"

A new place to sleep, an air mattress and bed on the floor. 
Struggling to get settled in for the night.

A day of thanksgiving, 
A delicious meal (for the adults)
A day of sharing and playing.

Snuggles in the early morning for Grandma & P.  
A whisper in my ear,  "I want to stay here forever".
"I love you, Grandma".
A little later, down comes M
More snuggles & giggles.
"I love you, Grammy".

A surprise adventure on Friday.
To the Blanchard Caverns we headed
One was scared, one was adventurous
Look at the pretty rocks with lights  shining bright. 
New sights, new adventures.  Another beautiful day.

To the park to enjoy a warm fall day.
Make an Advent calendar.
Bake cupcakes and frost them.
Play new games.  
Oh, and did I say -
Endless chatter and questions?

And all too soon it was over.  
Early morning came, the car was packed, 
hugs and kisses were given.
All strapped in and ready to go.
One last plea for a last hug & kiss
and a butterfly kiss.  

The house is strangely quiet.
Max keeps searching and smelling
Where did they go?  Will they return?
A sigh of relief and a good long nap.

A wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!
We are so blessed and thankful.

Comments

  1. Yep ... that was our 5 days! And what a delightful treat it was! (Me? I got lots of extra sleep and naps! Thank you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving--a house full of loved ones, good conversation, hugs and kisses, and a good meal. Nothing beats time spent with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, how lovely to have spent that kind of time with the ones you love the most. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun for you! Every time those girls will change with each visit. What a treat to have them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my house is quiet too. I know how you feel, & I am lucky to have some of the grandchildren close. I miss my older grandson, now 13, & doesn't always snuggle anymore. This is so lovely, Judy. Nice to capture every bit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years