Tuesday SOL 12/9/14 - Christmas Letter or Not
As I addressed our Christmas cards over the weekend, I pondered...
Should I just write a note in each card? Should I just sign our names?
or
Should I write my usual Christmas update letter?
I wondered if the family and friends that I send these updates to, really care about hearing what is happening in our lives.
Then I thought about how I felt when I received a card only to have it signed and no news. It makes me sad to think that some people only have time to address and sign a card, put a stamp on it and send it on its merry way. I wonder what's happening in their lives that they are so busy they can't take the time to jot a quick note to let us know all is well.
So, I sat down at the computer and composed a newspaper style letter with pictures to bring everyone up to date with what has been happening in our lives during the year.
What do you do? Do you just send a card or do you share the happenings of your lives with those you only have contact with once a year?
Should I just write a note in each card? Should I just sign our names?
or
Should I write my usual Christmas update letter?
I wondered if the family and friends that I send these updates to, really care about hearing what is happening in our lives.
Then I thought about how I felt when I received a card only to have it signed and no news. It makes me sad to think that some people only have time to address and sign a card, put a stamp on it and send it on its merry way. I wonder what's happening in their lives that they are so busy they can't take the time to jot a quick note to let us know all is well.
So, I sat down at the computer and composed a newspaper style letter with pictures to bring everyone up to date with what has been happening in our lives during the year.
What do you do? Do you just send a card or do you share the happenings of your lives with those you only have contact with once a year?

I'm with you, I am disappointed when there is only a signature. I used to write on each, but then figured I was writing the same thing on each, so I've gone to the update letter. I know your friends love to read about your grandchildren.
ReplyDeleteI like to write an update for those that I only contact at Christmas...especially cousins living out west that I haven't seen for years. Sending them an update on family happenings as well as getting an update on their families somehow helps to keep us closer together.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what I'll do this year, but if I do send cards, it will be with a newsy note at least. I agree, Judy, I love something else besides a name. Thanks asking.
ReplyDeleteI love the updates too! Not the long, drawn out, too many details kind of letter. Just a few highlights and pics. And that reminds me ... need to finish my letter!
ReplyDelete