Tuesday SOL - 1/20/15 - Could I have finally found my OLW?
Several years ago I was looking for a meaningful gift to give to some family and friends. If my memory serves me, I found it on Everyday Cheapskate website. It was a glass jar filled with strips of paper with thought provoking questions written on them which would spur a trip down memory lane. I printed out the questions, cut them apart, put them in a quart glass jar. Along with the jar of questions, I gave each recipient a blank journal to answer the questions.
I also made one for hubby and me and we started out on a roll, answering at least one or two questions a week. Since hubby isn't a "writer", he would tell me his story and I would write it down. As I said, this was several years ago (more like four or five). We haven't progressed very far, but the jar and journal are still on my table.
I've been trying to come up with my OLW since December and nothing hit me, but this morning as I was pondering what to write about, the word "remember" popped into my head along with this slice. So, I've pulled out the questions and the journal. My goal for 2015 is to "remember" where my life has taken me over the years. I could answer a question a day during March and not have to worry about the topic of my slice for a whole month, but then you would probably get bored hearing about my life. Today, I start my "remembering" journey.
I also made one for hubby and me and we started out on a roll, answering at least one or two questions a week. Since hubby isn't a "writer", he would tell me his story and I would write it down. As I said, this was several years ago (more like four or five). We haven't progressed very far, but the jar and journal are still on my table.
I've been trying to come up with my OLW since December and nothing hit me, but this morning as I was pondering what to write about, the word "remember" popped into my head along with this slice. So, I've pulled out the questions and the journal. My goal for 2015 is to "remember" where my life has taken me over the years. I could answer a question a day during March and not have to worry about the topic of my slice for a whole month, but then you would probably get bored hearing about my life. Today, I start my "remembering" journey.

What a great word! So often we get caught up in the tasks at hand or upcoming events that we don't take the time to remember and reflect on what brought us to this particular point in our lives. The good and bad all made us the person we are. What journeys we all have taken.
ReplyDeleteRemembering journeys are sweet, indeed!
ReplyDeleteWhile you were remembering your OLW found you. That is so fitting! Plus you found a tool to help you through the March challenge. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great word! I think 'remember' will teach you many things. Great word.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, this community will never be bored hearing about your life!
A perfect word for this year -- so fitting as you are actually, truly, fully retired! Now you have time to breathe and remember ... and I'm glad you are capturing all those moments and memories! More to share with the girls as they grow older. I can't wait to hear your stories, even through the month of March!
ReplyDeleteAnd I may join in! I have the jar and blank journal waiting too ... Jon and I started, yes, like 5 years ago before the girls were born and then .... thanks for the reminder! I'm going to pull out that jar of questions too! :) Thanks Mom!
A perfect word for that first year of true retirement! Remember when . . .
ReplyDeleteI know you will have lots to write about by remembering.
What a great word. What a perfect gift that you made as well. Great idea.
ReplyDeleteIt's a wonderful idea, Judy. I wonder if you mind sending the list to me, if you can find it again? I'd love to see it!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite songs is Remember When by Tim McGraw and this word and post makes me think of that song. I am sure you have some wonderful memories to share and I love your idea for the March challenge! Can't to wait to read about your memories.
ReplyDeleteHa! I have the same slips of paper and a journal started. Lost my drive. You have given me inspiration to begin again.
ReplyDeleteCan't know where we are going if we don't remember where we've come from?!
ReplyDelete