Tuesday SOL 1/6/15 - Embracing each moment of our Holidays

Our Holidays seemed jam packed with lots of pleasant memories and today I'm reminded of my OLW for 2014 - Embrace.  Here's some of the moments that I embraced during Christmas and New Year's.

Christmas Eve - dinner with our dearest friends and then worship embracing the birth of Baby Jesus.

Christmas Day - spending time with friends, good food, lots of laughs and preparing for our trip to IL.

Day after Christmas - early to rise so we can get an early start for our 10 hour drive.  Hugs and kisses from the girls (and Mommy too).  Gyros -  a must when we are in IL.  Look what Santa brought us, come play with us...

Saturday - Christmas dinner with our kids and granddaughters.  The smiles on the girls faces - the delight in helping others open presents, Chinese gift exchange, laughs, oohs, I want that, pouts, trades, steals.   A sleepover.  Learned to play Mario on the Wii - Grandma has a lot to learn.

Sunday - playing and reading.  Then we're off - to the zoo (in winter at 25 degrees???) are we crazy?   Brookfield Zoo had a special lights event during the Holidays - and it was spectacular.  Although I'm not a cold weather person, I did embrace watching the delight on the girls faces when we saw the animals and then when it turned dark, the lights were beautiful.  

Monday - spending time with Mommy and the girls.  A Costco run was next on the agenda - another must when we are in IL.

Tuesday - playing with the girls while Mommy got a much needed break and then dinner with friends - always a special time for me.

New Year's Eve - fondue-ing with Scott and Jen and their friends.  What a delightful evening it was!  And we actually made it to Midnight!

New Year's Day - a party at Scott & Jen's  to watch the Blackhawks in the Winter Classic.  Although the end score was not to our liking, the party was a success, the food was delicious and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Friday/Saturday - another sleep over - thank God that I have Jen for support.  We took the girls to Aunt Jen's library and they were delighted.  We brought books home and read and read (oh yea, we also played Mario!  I wasn't any better).  We also danced and played games.  Mommy & Daddy got an extra date night.

Sunday - church with the Nero's, a delicious French Toast breakfast and then off to my brother's house for a visit with him.

Monday - returned home to warmer temps and sunshine. 

I'm embracing my family and friends, safe travels, good weather (mostly), laughs and giggles, sharing, playing, good food, Scott's friend who fixed his furnace, warm clothes and lots and lots of hugs (and Grandma why don't you move closer).  So much to be thankful for and to embrace each moment.





Comments

  1. Beautiful moments to embrace! I've been reading a lot of OLW posts, but yours is the first that was a look back, rather than a look ahead! I hope your OLW for 2014 did you well.

    P.S. You were in Illinois and near Brookfield Zoo, so you were in my neighborhood! We also went to Brookfield to see the zoo lights - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much in life to embrace. Glad you had so many wonderful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your time sounds similar to ours, lots of family and things at home, events at museums, and Christmas. I loved hearing about your special times, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to embrace and treasure during the holiday season! Thanks for being here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years