Tuesday SOL 2/10/15 - A Visit to Bok Tower & Gardens



When I was growing up, my grandparents owned a home in Kissimmie, FL.  I remember visiting during Christmas breaks and at some time I remember going to Bok Tower, but I don't "remember" a lot about the visit.  This year, hubby and I decided to visit the tower and gardens. All I can say is "Wow". 

The tower is an awesome site to see and the Carillon Music is unbelievable.  The tranquility and beauty of the gardens are amazing.  We walked, took pictures (to be shared at a later date), meditated and enjoyed the peace and solitude of this beautiful setting.  Another of God's beauty to behold.

The quote upon entering the gardens is one that I want to share:

"Make you the world a bit better or more beautiful because you have lived in it."   
Edward Bok 1929



Comments

  1. Hello Judy,
    I've never visited the Bok Tower nor have I visited Kissimie. It does indeed look like a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - looks amazing! And where have I heard that quote before? Oh yeah! My daily inspirational texts! I think if we all lived with that sentiment this world would be a place of peace and solitude just as you experienced at Bok Tower. Can't wait to see the real pictures! Thanks for sharing Mom! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how this natural beauty that surrounds us can give us such peace inside. I feel so fortunate to see so much beauty each and every day... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures - I want to visit, someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife and I did visit the tower 30 plus years ago. We got there after the music and therefore missed it. We never got back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quote, Judy, & the tower sounds so special. Sorry it was a tough week, glad this made it better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great to be able to visit a place you went to as a child and it still inspired you. It looks beautiful. I can only imagine the sound of the bells.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love winter and snow, but right about now, a place of "tranquility and beauty" along with plenty of sun shine would be a wonderful place to visit! I look forward to more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to be in a place that helped restore your spirit! Blessings for the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years