SOL 12/31 - A Question from our Memory Jar
QUESTION: DID YOU AND YOUR FATHER SHARE ANY INTERESTS? TELL ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP.
On March 5th, I shared a slice about my Dad in honor of his birthday. Here's some more about my Dad and me.
We had a good relationship. Growing up, he always cared about what I did in school and extra curricular activities. He expected me to do my best in everything and was always supportive of what I was involved in. He taught me right and wrong, about God and helping others. He tried to teach me about carpentry, but I never managed to get the knack of swinging a hammer! He taught by example, but there was punishment of a spanking and a good talking to when I made mistakes. He was an encourager and was always available to talk. After Mom died, we became closer and talked weekly. He was always there whenever I needed him. He was a great inspiration and I thank him for everything he taught me.
The interests we shared included our love of music and singing, our faith in God and our willingness and desire to helps others. We enjoyed playing cards and walking. He was my hero and mentor.
On March 5th, I shared a slice about my Dad in honor of his birthday. Here's some more about my Dad and me.
We had a good relationship. Growing up, he always cared about what I did in school and extra curricular activities. He expected me to do my best in everything and was always supportive of what I was involved in. He taught me right and wrong, about God and helping others. He tried to teach me about carpentry, but I never managed to get the knack of swinging a hammer! He taught by example, but there was punishment of a spanking and a good talking to when I made mistakes. He was an encourager and was always available to talk. After Mom died, we became closer and talked weekly. He was always there whenever I needed him. He was a great inspiration and I thank him for everything he taught me.
The interests we shared included our love of music and singing, our faith in God and our willingness and desire to helps others. We enjoyed playing cards and walking. He was my hero and mentor.

What a great idea to dig into the memory jar questions! Special moments and memories treasured. Grandpa was a really good man that taught us so much.
ReplyDeleteSorry Judy, I can't imagine you ever did anything to deserve a spanking. Your dad was a good man who raised a strong daughter.
ReplyDeleteYou dad sounds like someone who understood the importance of family and being a role model for those he loved as well as others. How lucky you are.
ReplyDelete