SOL 1/31 - A Little About Me

Four years ago (yikes that long),  my daughter (Michelle at Literacy Zone) challenged me to join her (and each of you) to write every day during March.  That first year, it was a daunting task, but I made it (with the help of all your comments) and have continued writing most every Tuesday during the following year (it seemed natural and I missed it when I didn't write).  And so, I've continued each year and will once again try to achieve writing each day during March.

To start off, I thought I'd tell you a little about myself (for those who are new to this adventure and as a reminder to all who have followed me).

I am:

A Child of God - He made me who I am today
A Daughter of two wonderful parents (both deceased)
A Wife to a loving husband who reads what I write, encourages me, and gives me things to write about
A Mother to two great kids - Scott, our oldest and Michelle, my baby.  And, we've adopted our daughter-in-law and son-in-law into our family.  Oh, yes, and we have Max (who you'll be hearing from this March)
A Grandmother to M & P - twin granddaughters - the delights of our lives
A Stephen Minister - a program that provides one-on-one caring for those in need

Retired (for the third time) - I started as a secretary, progressed to Administrative Assistant and then to Office Professional.  Never a licensed teacher, but I have done my fair share of teaching throughout my life.

I enjoy:

Reading
Writing
Making cards
Scrapbooking
Crocheting
Helping others
Volunteering with Habitat
Traveling
Relaxing with Hubby

There's lots more to learn about me that I'll be sharing throughout the month.  Thanks for taking time to read and leave a comment.  I'm looking forward to learning more about each of you.

Happy March Writing!

Comments

  1. Welcome back, Mom! So happy that you are joining me again this year for another challenge! Great introduction on the first day -- a great way to make connections!

    Happy writing to you too, Mom! Love you!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, looking forward to all those slices from you this month. Hard to believe it's your fourth year! Time does fly... Have a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, I am looking forward to reading your daily posts. I have been enjoying your weekly writings and I am definitely looking forward to hearing more from Max.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't this the best place for virtual friends to meet and mingle with all the old voices and find new voices. I thought, I can't do this again, but I hope I thought wrong. Writing right alongside you and a host of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love finding out that old friends are still doing the March challenge. Can't wait to catch up through your blog. Here's to 31 days

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle is the reason I started a blog and joined in too!
    I loved reading your post today!
    Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started 4 years ago as well! And I just learned something new about you--you are a Stephen minister! What a needed job that is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We started together Judy...ahhh that daughter of yours! So so special :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years