SOL 20/31 - Surprise!

Last night we celebrated the 50th birthday of a dear friend with a SURPRISE birthday party.  The look on his face when he walked into the restaurant was priceless.  He couldn't believe it.  Family and friends were there to help celebrate.  I think he was speechless (for at least a few minutes).  He doesn't like to be the center of attention. 

Does anyone really like to have a SURPRISE party in their honor? 

Hubby surprised me on my 40th birthday.  It was an awesome birthday present, but...  I can't say that I really liked the SURPRISE.

Michelle & Scott tried to have a SURPRISE 25th wedding anniversary party for us, but due to me not writing an event on the calendar (I thought everyone knew without writing it down), they had to inform us ahead of time and were told we had act SURPRISED when we walked in. 

The kids and I SURPRISED hubby on his 60th birthday.  Now that was a SURPRISE.  He was totally in unbelief that we could have pulled it off.

SURPRISES are fun for everyone - even those who are the SURPRISEES (after the shock wears off).


Comments

  1. I love surprises...but I might like being the one giving the surprise rather than the other way around. But I can see how it totally depends on the person and the time of day. When my 7-year-old surprises me and jumps out to scare me and I have to dodge a Nerf bullet..not sure that's my favorite. But it does keep me awake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love surprises, but some are not easy to surprise. My mom is too nosy...I don't think we could pull off a surprise! LOL What a great topic for a piece of writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like surprises, although I would rather be the one giving the surprise instead of the recipient of one. It is nice to know that people care about you and want to celebrate you is some special way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprises can be awesome sometimes. I remember the time my niece and nephew surprised my sister and I for mom's day. They planned it so perfectly I was shocked! I think I was screaming for 10 minutes after I saw them. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only been really surprised one time...the other times I've had to fake it and it is hard. This is a fun thing to write about and it was interesting to read. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like little surprises ... not ones that include me as the center of attention though. I'm glad you enjoyed your night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband's family is BIG on surprise parties. I definitely would not like a surprise party. Even being invited to a surprise party stresses me out - I'm too afraid I'll ruin the surprise! I think your topic was great for opinion writing, and fun, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surprises can be fun! Especially when the receiver of the surprise can roll with the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Surprises can be fun! Especially when the receiver of the surprise can roll with the excitement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years