SOL 22/31 - Traveling

All packed
The car is full
Clothes
Toiletries
Treats
Birthday presents

Early rise
Cup of coffee
Check the doors
Unplug the electronics
One last look around

The sun is starting
it's upward climb
The deer are startled
The miles go by

North
Further
Further
1 hour
2 hours
5 hours

Potty break
Lunch break
Trade drivers
6 hours
8 hours
Almost there

Excitement abounds
Hugs & kisses
Stretching after the
long drive
Relaxing
Talking incessantly

A whole week ahead of us
to play, talk, read
have fun

Traveling done until
the return trip all too soon.

Comments

  1. What a lovely way to capture the travel as poem
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the packing list topped with presents. Safe travels to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May the hours go quickly ... and may you be inspired by the looooong drive. A slice or two are waiting to be shared. My apologizes ahead of time as you are coming from the beginnings of spring to that brown-all-around spring and possibly snow tonight. Yuck. Love you and we all can't wait to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel your excitement in these words. Safe trip and have a wonderful week with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful trip. I love the hours captured in a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful trip. I love the hours captured in a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The loooong trip will be so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anticipation of a traveling trip soon for me, too. Hope your trip is relaxing and FUN! D :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Safe travels! Now is time to enjoy your time away. Looking forward to reading about your trip in your next SOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many hours, but at least you can do it in a day. There will be much joy this week as you spend time with Michelle, the girls, and you son too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your list. Enjoy the travel and the week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderful trip Judy! By the time you read this I'm sure you have arrived!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years