SOL 2/31 - Max Writes - Yesterday's surprise
I didn't think Max would be writing so early in the month, but he insisted!
You know that I love going out in the snow, burying my nose and pushing. You know that I love running in the snow and chasing those snowflakes. You know that the cold temps seem to make my bones feel young. But yesterday ....
We've had snow on the ground for over a week and on Saturday we got another couple of inches. But last night, instead of snow, it turned to freezing rain. The ground was glossy, the trees were coated with a clear icy substance, but Mom & I decided to take a short walk (you know, just so I could do my duty.) Mom told me not to pull because she didn't want to fall. So I was being pretty cautious as I stepped out the door into the snow.
It went "crunch" then "crack". I hesitated, not sure what was happening. I walked a little further and tried to go faster - crunch, crack and then my legs started going all different directions. I sat down (it was cold on the butt) and looked at Mom. After a few more slides and skids, Mom directed me to an area that didn't have the stuff on top of the snow. I smelled, did my duty, smelled some more and (with a little encouragement from Mom), decided it was time to go back into the house.
Snow is great, but that glossy stuff covering it, is not to my liking.
You know that I love going out in the snow, burying my nose and pushing. You know that I love running in the snow and chasing those snowflakes. You know that the cold temps seem to make my bones feel young. But yesterday ....
We've had snow on the ground for over a week and on Saturday we got another couple of inches. But last night, instead of snow, it turned to freezing rain. The ground was glossy, the trees were coated with a clear icy substance, but Mom & I decided to take a short walk (you know, just so I could do my duty.) Mom told me not to pull because she didn't want to fall. So I was being pretty cautious as I stepped out the door into the snow.
It went "crunch" then "crack". I hesitated, not sure what was happening. I walked a little further and tried to go faster - crunch, crack and then my legs started going all different directions. I sat down (it was cold on the butt) and looked at Mom. After a few more slides and skids, Mom directed me to an area that didn't have the stuff on top of the snow. I smelled, did my duty, smelled some more and (with a little encouragement from Mom), decided it was time to go back into the house.
Snow is great, but that glossy stuff covering it, is not to my liking.

I'm with you Max! It's been chilly in New York and yesterday it snowed as well! My feet were slipping and sliding as we walked and I couldn't wait to come home too! Only I had a glass of wine when I got home...:-)
ReplyDeleteMax, it is always good to read your posts. I am not a fan of ice and freezing rain either. In snow you can at least get traction. With ice you just go and who knows where you will land. Hope to hear more from you as the month goes on.
ReplyDeleteSometimes that snow is a bit tricky when it is covered in glossy substances. I hope it goes away too. I'm ready to see green grass again. Be gentle with mom, we don't need to read about broken bones.
ReplyDeleteI can just picture it all happening. That kind of ice....I'm glad mom didn't get hurt out there and break a bone like Nanc. xo
ReplyDeleteMax, I can picture you walking out on that glossy stuff with your legs going in all directions! Be careful and hope it all melts soon!
ReplyDeleteMax, good boy to "do your duty" even after your slip and slide! Be careful and take care of mom!
ReplyDelete