SOL 7/21/15 - It's Complete

After all the waiting, wondering, worrying, praying and anticipation, it is complete. 

We closed on the 10th, but there were a few hiccups thrown in (just to make it interesting).  We toasted with a bottle of wine at our new home on Sunday and the movers arrived bright and early on Monday.  Officially, one of the hottest days of July, 2015.  The move went smoothly - no dents or scars, nothing broken (at least that I've found). 

We slept in our new home that night.  Arising early to go back to our old house to finish removing items that we didn't want the movers to take and to finish cleaning. 

Boxes have been unpacked, with many more to empty.  Furniture is arranged (for the time being).  Hubby got his new Cub Cadet lawn tractor.  All is good.

Last Friday we took a trip to St. Louis to meet Michelle and the girls.  We traded vehicles, brought the girls back home and Michelle stayed for her conference.

The girls have enjoyed unpacking.  However, they empty a box much faster than I can find a place for everything.  I gave them a couple of boxes of books and they have filled my shelves.

We love our new home and look forward to making many memories here.

Thanks for all your comments, prayers and concerns over the past couple of months while we were going this whole process.  They were greatly appreciated.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I know that this must be a great relief. Now you can sit back, relax, and make new memories in a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe so glad it all worked out Judy! I bet your two little helpers made unpacking so much more fun! It is a great feeling to get all settled and then let the new memories begin . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah, so happy that all went so beautifully, and the girls get to see your new home immediately! I did this 3 years ago about this time, moved in December, but then worked on getting the old house ready to sell. What a time it is, but I'm so glad I did it, Judy. Happy new home to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new home is beautiful and suits you! May your days be filled with happiness and joy in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it went as smoothly as it did even with the bumps. The house is beautiful & we are so glad to be here trying to help make your new house your home. Thanks for letting us stay and create more piles ... Too bad we can't stay all summer! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years