Tuesday SOL 7/28/15 - Settling in and Making it our Home

It's been two weeks since we moved in and a busy two weeks they have been.  We've been unpacking (why did I bring all this stuff?), arranging, rearranging and arranging some more. 

We pick up the girls in St. Louis on the 17th.  Mommy stayed for her conference and we brought the girls here to "help" with the unpacking and lots of playing in between.  Mommy arrived Monday afternoon and helped out even more.  I'm pleased to say that all (but a few) boxes have been unpacked and in a place - not sure where or if it will stay, but at least it's out of the garage and boxes.

The girls were so happy to unpack.  I would bring in a box and it would be empty in a flash.  They arranged the books on the shelves and put other items where I wanted them and then they decided where they wanted things.  M was so proud that she helped Grandma separate her scrapbook paper and put it in the bins.  Both M & P did a fantastic job!

Unfortunately, the week came quickly to an end and Mommy and the girls traveled home yesterday.  The house seems so quiet, except for the pitter patter of Max.  He had been staying with his second parents during the move and the visit.  Yesterday we picked him up.  He walked into the house, into each room, closet and smelled every nook and granny.   He is beginning to acclimate to his new surroundings.

Today, I'm going to work on the enclosed porch before it gets too hot.  There are many projects, but I have a lot of time to complete them and enjoying every minute in our new home. 




Comments

  1. How well I remember packing and unpacking even though it has been 26 years since we moved. I think we all wonder why we packed and moved some of the things we did. Glad you had lots of help with the unpacking and putting things in there places. I would some day love to here Max's thoughts on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great helpers! Wish I could have met up with Michelle at the conference. Hope the day didn't get too hot, it's been scorching here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting to move into a new place. I was sad to leave my old home, but also had a lot of fun moving into new surroundings, too. How fun that the girls got to be there and help too, and to see the new home. FYI, Judy, your link on TWT is going to last week's post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, got it wrong. It's me who has the wrong link to TWT, so when I clicked on you, I thought it was wrong. Forget the above!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are loving your new home Judy! Now that almost all the work is done it's time to really sit back and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hugely impressed at the progress you've made in 2 weeks. I've lived in my current apartment for nearly 3 years & there are still boxes I promise I'll get to every weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, you are settling in and it feels just right. Enjoy adding the little touches to make it comfortable for you and Dad and Max. He'll eventually figure out that this is the new normal! So glad we could all help!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years