SOL 8/4/15 - Max Expressing Himself About the Move
Mom thought it was time for me to talk about my feelings on this "move thing".
I started to get worried back at the end of May when all of a sudden empty boxes started to appear - everywhere. Then Mom began filling the boxes with all of "our" stuff! At least it wasn't a suitcase, but still, I began to get a tad bit concerned about what was going on. You see, there had been lots of strangers coming into our home and checking things out - you know, opening doors and cabinets, going from room to room (just like I do when there's something new). What was I to think?
The boxes were stacked all in one spot and the kept getting higher and higher. Pretty soon, the pictures came off the walls. Things were getting stranger and stranger. Mom & Dad kept telling me we were moving to a new house and that I would really like it - no more stairs to climb. My little brain still wasn't comprehending what they were telling me. I just wanted to take a nap, but Mom kept me jumping. Every time she moved, I had to follow - I didn't want her to get lost.
Then the suitcases came out - oh no! Not just one or two, but all of them. Things were pulled out of drawers and closets and then in the really big one, Mom wrapped up all the pictures of our family. Now just where were they going? My blanket and food were still where they were suppose to be - did that mean I wasn't going with them? But wait, my blanket is in the car along with my food. I arrived at my home away from home - my second parents' house. Now I knew I would be well taken care of and could actually get some rest.
Mom and Dad came to visit me, but didn't take me with. I stayed for two whole weeks with C & J. One day Mom and Dad brought my big sis - Michelle and my cousins - M & P. I was elated to see everyone, but still I didn't get to go home with them.
A week ago Monday, Mom came to get me and take me to my "new home". I still didn't get it. When she turned, it was the WRONG way. Hey, I want to go HOME! But she kept telling me about this new place and how much I'd like it. A few minutes later, we arrived.
I got out of the car and decided to check it all out. I smelled and smelled some more on the outside. And then when I got in the house, I had to check out every room, all the corners, closets and possible hiding places. My water and food dish were in place, my blanket got put in the bedroom, all was well. I'm back home with Mom & Dad.
I'm adjusted to my new surroundings, getting acquainted with the neighbors (especially the cows that come to visit each afternoon and the swan that swims in the pond). I'm getting more naps, but I'm still very concerned when Mom and Dad walk out the door. I think I will really like my new HOME.
I started to get worried back at the end of May when all of a sudden empty boxes started to appear - everywhere. Then Mom began filling the boxes with all of "our" stuff! At least it wasn't a suitcase, but still, I began to get a tad bit concerned about what was going on. You see, there had been lots of strangers coming into our home and checking things out - you know, opening doors and cabinets, going from room to room (just like I do when there's something new). What was I to think?
The boxes were stacked all in one spot and the kept getting higher and higher. Pretty soon, the pictures came off the walls. Things were getting stranger and stranger. Mom & Dad kept telling me we were moving to a new house and that I would really like it - no more stairs to climb. My little brain still wasn't comprehending what they were telling me. I just wanted to take a nap, but Mom kept me jumping. Every time she moved, I had to follow - I didn't want her to get lost.
Then the suitcases came out - oh no! Not just one or two, but all of them. Things were pulled out of drawers and closets and then in the really big one, Mom wrapped up all the pictures of our family. Now just where were they going? My blanket and food were still where they were suppose to be - did that mean I wasn't going with them? But wait, my blanket is in the car along with my food. I arrived at my home away from home - my second parents' house. Now I knew I would be well taken care of and could actually get some rest.
Mom and Dad came to visit me, but didn't take me with. I stayed for two whole weeks with C & J. One day Mom and Dad brought my big sis - Michelle and my cousins - M & P. I was elated to see everyone, but still I didn't get to go home with them.
A week ago Monday, Mom came to get me and take me to my "new home". I still didn't get it. When she turned, it was the WRONG way. Hey, I want to go HOME! But she kept telling me about this new place and how much I'd like it. A few minutes later, we arrived.
I got out of the car and decided to check it all out. I smelled and smelled some more on the outside. And then when I got in the house, I had to check out every room, all the corners, closets and possible hiding places. My water and food dish were in place, my blanket got put in the bedroom, all was well. I'm back home with Mom & Dad.
I'm adjusted to my new surroundings, getting acquainted with the neighbors (especially the cows that come to visit each afternoon and the swan that swims in the pond). I'm getting more naps, but I'm still very concerned when Mom and Dad walk out the door. I think I will really like my new HOME.

Max, so glad to hear from you. I am sure you will grow to love your new home as much as your old. After all, home is where mom and dad are. Look forward to reading about some of you experiences in your new home.
ReplyDeleteMoves are tough on everyone, Max! Glad to read that you are adjusting. How nice that you had a two week vacation at your other home! Lucky you to get out of the work of the move!
ReplyDeleteDon't you wonder what Max was really thinking? If only he could talk ... I bet he is more settled now more than ever because he's with both of you and no one is packing a box or a suitcase for a long time!
ReplyDeleteOh, Max, I'm so happy to hear that you are all settled in your new home. You have a very nice new home. Mom and Dad are continuing to make it more comfortable and soon you will find all your own special places. We were so happy that you came to stay with us during the big move. We miss you, but know you are happy to be with Mom and Dad again.
ReplyDelete