SOL 9/1/15 - A small project turned into a BIG project

Slowly we are settling in to our new home.  Things are put away, pictures are being hung and it's beginning to look lived in, not just thrown together.

This past week the temperatures finally cooled off and we could start working on hubby's garage.  Shelves and workbenches were built, tools were put in handy places, boxes were opened and stored.  Hubby is doing what I did in my craft room.  Put things "some place" and then move them to a workable space.  I think that will go on for some time.

I started to straighten out the storage room only to find out that the lights didn't work.  So hubby got the ladder, took down the globe and replaced the bulb.  Still no lights.  "Did you check the light bulbs to make sure they work?"  Hmmmm.

Hubby has some experience with electricity as he wired our log home.  So we found the breaker and turned it off, he looked at the wiring at the light socket and more Hmmm's.  He undid the switch plate and looked at that wiring.  Again lots more Hmmm's,  He went to the second light and started scratching his head.  He told me he had to sit down and think about what he was seeing.

He tried one thing - nope that didn't work.  He tried another - that didn't work either.  Third time a charm?  A light bulb flashed in his head and he stated that he knew what he had to do.  He proceeded to rewire all three light sockets and voila once the breaker was in the on position, everything worked.

What was suppose to be a 5 minute task, turned into a 2-1/2 hour job.  My handyman at work - whatever would I do without him?

Comments

  1. Don't you just love those 5 minute tasks that turn out to take several hours? That has happened to me on more than one occasion. Luckily your hubby has the knowledge as to what had to be done and was able to do it. I would have to call an electrician and I would probably still be waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of my husband and his skills as an electrician, painter, carpenter, and pretty much everything else. We're lucky, aren't we?! Husbands who double-time as handymen! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky to have someone knowledgable like that!

    And here you thought you were just going to flip on a light...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you lived down the block, Judy. I have one light/fan that is not working. I know it means I need to call an electrician, but one more thing is not on my list! So glad he worked the problem out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive, Dad! I could never imagine such a task ... but that's why God put such a handy man in our lives. :) I'd keep him around!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years