Tuesday SOL 9/15/15 - Fall is fast approaching
Ahh, a breathe of freshness is filling the air
The morning dew lingers longer
As the temperature stay cool
Until the sun rises high in the sky.
Open the windows
Turn off the air conditioning
Snuggle in the warmth of the bed
Take a long walk
Watch the leaves change colors
And fall softly to the ground
The flowers are fading, but
The mums and black eyed susans
spread their sunshine throughout the land.
Fall is fast approaching
A time of reaping and rejoicing
A time to take a deep breathe
A time to reflect on the summer that is past
A time to look forward
A time to be thankful for all God's blessings.

Thank you for sharing. I love the imagery in your poem. It is a time to look forward. I love mums and black eyed susans. I hope to take some pictures soon of the fall foliage. ;)
ReplyDeleteWe didn't know it the mums we put in the ground last yer would do anything. Now they are blooming and add that special touch of Fall color to our yard. Truly a beautiful time of the year.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Judy! We aren't seeing too many fall signs just yet as temps are still in high 80's during the day and the evening temps in the 60's.
ReplyDeleteIt's very sweet, Judy, & I'm happy for you, but laughing too because I wrote of wishing for change. It's still very hot here. Only the flowers that are now blooming seem to be announcing autumn.
ReplyDeleteWith each season changing, I also think it's my favorite. So now as fall approaches and the cooler temps arrive ... I'm falling in love with fall again. Thanks for the beautiful reminder through the power of your words and imagery! Love you, Mom!
ReplyDelete