Tuesday SOL 12/8/15 - Working Together
While we were visiting Michelle's over Thanksgiving week, the girls (M & P) gave us some incite as to how to work together. At 5-1/2, their minds are going non-stop, always investigating and trying to figure out how to do something.
We were in the kitchen talking when M screamed "Dad, there's a bug in the house!". Dad went to check it out, only to discover a fly. Dad calmly said, "Don't worry, it only a little fly". He came back to our conversation. We thought that was the end of the bug/fly, but the girls quietly plotted how they were going to catch this fly and "keep it safe".
About 15 minutes later, they came scurrying into the kitchen to announce they had captured the fly and placed it in a clear plastic box with a kleenex for its bed. They then described how they made a small ramp to "lure" this tiny creature into the box. They were so proud of themselves to devise such a plan and have it come to fruition.
The minds of these two 5-1/2 year olds is unbelievable. Working together they accomplished a daunting task. No more fly in the house. How many more things will they be able to accomplish over their lifetime, working together.

That is so cute! I love working with kids, they inspire me! I'm stopping over from the Slice of Life gang. I enjoyed your post! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! I love working with kids, they inspire me! I'm stopping over from the Slice of Life gang. I enjoyed your post! :)
ReplyDeleteOne mind or two, kids are clever and creative! Great things will come from these two!
ReplyDeleteA ramp?!? I love this story so much. :)
ReplyDeleteLove this. When great minds work together a solution to a problem can be found.
ReplyDeleteTwo minds together, double the creativity and fun. I can't believe the girls are so big already, almost approaching six.
ReplyDelete