Tuesday SOL 1/12/16 - Play Date
When we were with our kids at Thanksgiving, my daughter-in-law had a table topper for Christmas and commented that it was just right size and that she would like some for different seasons. Could you make them? she asked. It was from the Dresden Plate quilt pattern and so I was pretty sure I could handle it. So before Christmas I checked out different websites, got a similar pattern and tried my hand at it. It wasn't perfect, but doable. But I knew someone who could help make it better. I have quilted some, but only enough to say that I have done it.
I have a friend who is a quilter and loves challenges. She was more than happy to help. So today is our play date. I've got the fabric and a pattern and we'll see what kind of mischief we can get into.
Here's the original pattern that my DIL loaned me.
I have a friend who is a quilter and loves challenges. She was more than happy to help. So today is our play date. I've got the fabric and a pattern and we'll see what kind of mischief we can get into.
Here's the original pattern that my DIL loaned me.

Years ago Kathy made a Dresden Plate quilt for her mom in blues and pinks. It is a lovely pattern. Good luck with your project.
ReplyDeleteHave a great quilting play date. That sounds like LOTS of fun! (Once upon a time, I was featured in a quilting book when I was away at summer camp. (The camp's A&C director was a professional quilter. Here's what I found on her. It's been 25 years since I worked with her at camp. http://www.quiltmaker.com/articles/Marta_Amundson.)
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a lovely project!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a lovely project!
ReplyDeleteThose are the best kind of play dates! Hope your day was filled with fun and fabric!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great day! Can't wait to see the final products!
ReplyDelete