SOL 12/31 - Thoughts for the Day

Each morning of the work week, I send my daughter (Michelle - Literacyzone) a TFTD (thought for the day).  Sometimes I quote a Bible verse or a quote from an inspirational calendar, or quotes that I've found on Pinterest.  Just a little something to start her day and to let her know that I'm thinking about her.  This week has been no exception and I found some quotes by Maya Angelou.  I heard her speak many years ago and she made quite an impression on me.  I've read her books.  She was an amazing woman.  So today I thought I'd share some of her quotes as my TFTD to each of you.  I pray that they will have some meaning to you.

"If you must look back, do so forgivingly
If you must look forward, do so prayerfully
However, the wisest thing you can do is be PRESENT
in the PRESENT, faithfully."

"Try to be a RAINBOW In someone else's CLOUD."

"If you don't like something, change it.
If you can't change it, change your attitude about it.
Don't complain."

"Open your eyes to the beauty around you.
Open your mind to the wonders of Life.
Open your heart to those who love you.
And Always be true to yourself."

"Write it so that people can hear it
and it slides thru the brain and goes
straight to the heart."

Comments

  1. How lovely Judy! I think my favorites are- "Try to be a RAINBOW In someone else's CLOUD." and "If you don't like something, change it.
    If you can't change it, change your attitude about it.
    Don't complain." Thanks for my Thoughts For The Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great thoughts to keep in mind. What a wise woman! And you are wise to send Michelle something to start her day. She is loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great thoughts to keep in mind. What a wise woman! And you are wise to send Michelle something to start her day. She is loved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to start the day. The poems are truly inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the best way to start the day! I am so, so loved and I look forward to hearing your voice and updates from home and the thought for the day. And I love to read them in writing too! Thanks Mom! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years