SOL 15/31 - Hubby's Frustration
Usually it takes a lot to get my hubby frustrated. But this morning I knew he was having problems.
We had gotten the garbage together and put it out at then end of the drive. I came in to finish dishes. I thought he was right behind me, but he lingered in the garage. I just figured he was getting his stuff together to go the gun club.
A few minutes later, in he comes. Sits down, grabs his coffee, takes a deep breathe and frowns (I think he even growled a little). I asked what was wrong and in a very clipped voice he said, "I can't open my gun safe!". Now this is a dilemma as he needs one of the guns so he can practice for this weekend's shoot.
I went back out with him, told him to take a deep breath and try again. Then I tried. He looked at the combination and said that he had the numbers reversed. Still not happening. I went inside to get the directions. After several more attempts, the safe opened. A sigh of relief for both of us.
Now I wonder after all that frustration how well he will shoot. On his way out the door, he said, "This afternoon we'll practice!"
We had gotten the garbage together and put it out at then end of the drive. I came in to finish dishes. I thought he was right behind me, but he lingered in the garage. I just figured he was getting his stuff together to go the gun club.
A few minutes later, in he comes. Sits down, grabs his coffee, takes a deep breathe and frowns (I think he even growled a little). I asked what was wrong and in a very clipped voice he said, "I can't open my gun safe!". Now this is a dilemma as he needs one of the guns so he can practice for this weekend's shoot.
I went back out with him, told him to take a deep breath and try again. Then I tried. He looked at the combination and said that he had the numbers reversed. Still not happening. I went inside to get the directions. After several more attempts, the safe opened. A sigh of relief for both of us.
Now I wonder after all that frustration how well he will shoot. On his way out the door, he said, "This afternoon we'll practice!"

I hate trying to open a safe! We have one in the bottom of a closet so it's dark and uncomfortable to get it open. I feel his frustration. Hope it goes better this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteI remember when this happened to my husband with a gun safe that fits neatly under the bed. It was supposed to work with your finger touch- well after many attempts it wouldn't open. Needless to say I told him finger touch securities don't work well and now the case is buried in the closet! I'm glad he was able to open it! ;-)
ReplyDeleteMy husband is also cool and collected. I'm the fly-off-the-handle sort (today's blog was about my flat tire whining...). It's hard to know what to do when cool hubbies are upset!
ReplyDeleteThis is extremely frustrating especially when you know you are everything right. Glad he got it open and hope practice calms him down.
ReplyDeleteI remember years ago, the principal at our school could not open the safe in her closet. When I was in her office she was growling around, like your husband, and then asked if I would give it a try. Well, it opened on the first try and so after that, she would have me open it for her.
ReplyDeleteLove that you were able to help him with his frustration and help him solve the problem. That's what spouses are for.
ReplyDeleteSometimes there are little frustrations that become so big because you didn't expect it. I'm glad that it finally worked.
ReplyDeleteOh, poor Dad. Sorry for his frustrations! He would have NEVER gone to get the directions himself, would he?!? Glad you were able to help out and he was able to help you out by providing you a slice to share! :) Also, I'm wondering what you were going to practice later ... opening the gun safe or shooting targets to release frustrations?
ReplyDeleteSometimes in the moment we have to step back and take a breath and start again. Problem solved!!
ReplyDelete