SOL 16/31 - A Friend's Frustrations

Yesterday I wrote about Hubby's frustration.  Today I'll share about a frustration that a friend is experiencing.

I've written about the Center of Hope which is a non-profit organization funded by a coalition of churches in our community.  We assist poverty level individuals with electric shut offs, rental evictions, propane and various other needs.  We have been in existence for five years and have maintained our assistance, branching out from time to time, but not growing.

We have a paid Director, but the rest of us are volunteers and we have a Board who oversees the workings of the Center.  S came on board a little over a year ago.  She is a go getter, a doer, a proponent of all that the Center does.  She is also very frustrated.

S has ideas and wants the Center to move ahead and do more for our clients, but ...

The Director, who helped to start the Center, is an excellent leader.  She has so much knowledge of where to find help and to promote the Center in every way that she can.  But she is also frustrated.

The Director feels that S is overstepping her bounds.  S feels that she is trying to help.  I listen to both sides.  I feel frustrated that I can't help both of them get on the same page and work together.  I suggested they sit down and talk about their concerns.  That has been done.  S is backing off while (I'm fearing) biting her tongue and trying not to get discouraged.  I remind her that this is the Lord's work we are doing and to let Him guide and direct all of us. 

I keep praying that God will smooth this over and we all can put our clients first and do whatever we can to help them.




Comments

  1. You are caught in the middle and there is no peace for you. I think that you have the right idea, think about the clients and what good you can do for them is the route to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your frustration. It is hard to get to determined individuals to work together at times. Just keep being a good listener. Having each of their voices heard may help in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being in the middle of differing opinions is so hard. It's nice that you are trying, Judy. Patience is a virtue, but sometimes it's hard to back down & wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Putting your clients first, the rest should fall into place. One day at a time, patience. You are doing great work there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard being stuck in the middle. Perhaps keeping the clients needs first and thinking about the purpose of your organization: What do you believe? I hope everyone can get on the same page and know everyone's heart is in the right place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years