SOL 25/31 - Spending a day with our Granddaughters
Yesterday, Michelle had to spend most of the day at jury duty, so we were blessed to have the day with our girls.
They were immersed in watching a cartoon on tv when we arrived and we almost got a "good morning" and hug. Mommy was out the door, tv was turned off and the fun soon began.
"Can we have some white paper? We want to draw a picture."
They made a frame at Indian Princesses and wanted to put a picture in it. First they started drawing on an 8-1/2 x 11 piece of paper (they don't like to draw anything small). I told them the frame would only hold a 4 x 6 picture. So I drew an outline on the paper and told them they could draw one one each side so they could change it whenever they felt like it. Pictures complete - Grandpa put the picture in the frame, but had to do some "fix it" as some of the stones where falling off the frame.
I was working on the surprise scarf that I wrote about yesterday. P crawled on to my lap to "help". I explained how to make the double crochet and held her hand. She caught on to how to wrap the yarn around the hook, insert it in the stitch, pull it through, wrap it around the hook again, etc. After about 10 stitches, she had to take a break. "How do you do it so fast, Grandma?" P asked. I told her I had been crocheting for many years and had lots of practice.
M was up next, she too caught on quickly, but tired of it after 10 stitches. Every so often they both would return and add a few stitches. They will be so proud when they give it to Mommy (hopefully Grandma will find enough time to finish it).
Next up was bath time. They told me how Mommy and Daddy does it, so they played, I watched. They scrubbed, I washed hair and rinsed. They got out their clothes and dressed and decided they wanted to "make Grandpa beautiful". So they got hair clips, bows, and a headband and proceeded to beautify Grandpa. He sat patiently and waited. Then looked in the mirror and scared himself. We took a picture (he threaten me if I posted it - so just use your imagination). We sent a picture to Mommy and she laughed and said it would make a great slice.
We played some card games and they each made up one of their own. By then it was lunch time and a peanut butter and honey sandwich was created. Soon Mommy was back home from jury duty.
She said she'd give us a break before bringing them to Scott's house for a sleepover.
A fun, exhausting day. Thank goodness Aunt Jen & Uncle Scotty were home to help us thru the evening hours. Ah, asleep at last.
They were immersed in watching a cartoon on tv when we arrived and we almost got a "good morning" and hug. Mommy was out the door, tv was turned off and the fun soon began.
"Can we have some white paper? We want to draw a picture."
They made a frame at Indian Princesses and wanted to put a picture in it. First they started drawing on an 8-1/2 x 11 piece of paper (they don't like to draw anything small). I told them the frame would only hold a 4 x 6 picture. So I drew an outline on the paper and told them they could draw one one each side so they could change it whenever they felt like it. Pictures complete - Grandpa put the picture in the frame, but had to do some "fix it" as some of the stones where falling off the frame.
I was working on the surprise scarf that I wrote about yesterday. P crawled on to my lap to "help". I explained how to make the double crochet and held her hand. She caught on to how to wrap the yarn around the hook, insert it in the stitch, pull it through, wrap it around the hook again, etc. After about 10 stitches, she had to take a break. "How do you do it so fast, Grandma?" P asked. I told her I had been crocheting for many years and had lots of practice.
M was up next, she too caught on quickly, but tired of it after 10 stitches. Every so often they both would return and add a few stitches. They will be so proud when they give it to Mommy (hopefully Grandma will find enough time to finish it).
Next up was bath time. They told me how Mommy and Daddy does it, so they played, I watched. They scrubbed, I washed hair and rinsed. They got out their clothes and dressed and decided they wanted to "make Grandpa beautiful". So they got hair clips, bows, and a headband and proceeded to beautify Grandpa. He sat patiently and waited. Then looked in the mirror and scared himself. We took a picture (he threaten me if I posted it - so just use your imagination). We sent a picture to Mommy and she laughed and said it would make a great slice.
We played some card games and they each made up one of their own. By then it was lunch time and a peanut butter and honey sandwich was created. Soon Mommy was back home from jury duty.
She said she'd give us a break before bringing them to Scott's house for a sleepover.
A fun, exhausting day. Thank goodness Aunt Jen & Uncle Scotty were home to help us thru the evening hours. Ah, asleep at last.

Busy day with busy girls, but I know you enjoyed every moment. Hope you get the crocheting finished in time.
ReplyDeleteSpending the day with almost 6 year olds is not stop action! I love how little girls always want to beautify the "men" in their lives! Sorry to have missed the pic, but I can only imagine!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely a busy day...but fun as well. I wish there were a way to bottle the energy of children. We could make a fortune.
ReplyDeleteQuite a busy morning while I was gone! Those girls are a handful, but sweet and loving and perfect in every way. I'm glad you had time to yourself with them. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing those precious moments with those precious girls with us. I love that they are helping to make the "surprise" scarf for their mom! They will take such pride in that each time that she wears it and will remember that they made it with their grandma for their mommy. How special!!
ReplyDelete