SOL 3/31 - Is Spring Coming?

While we have enjoyed an awesome winter here in the Ozarks - a little snow, a tad of ice and sleet, lots of sunshine and warmer temps from November thru February, I'm still looking forward to spring.

And now, March has arrived - it came in like a lamb and seems to want to continue being mild.

As I sat out on the front porch yesterday, I looked over the pond and could see a green tinge on the weeping willows.  The wild daffodils are in full bloom.  Batches of crocuses are sticking their heads thru.  We cut down the Pampas Grass only to find a bunch of Naked Ladies poking their foliage out of the ground.

Could it be, is it really here?  The forecasters are predicting some 70 degree days for the weekend.  I'm lovin' it.  Spring is my favorite season - a new beginning - a renewal of life.

Comments

  1. Please say it's so! I'm noticing swelling tree buds, daffodils, and even a tulip tree blooming. Let's hope more warmth is in store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words have painted quite the beautiful picture. It sounds like a lovely place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words have painted quite the beautiful picture. It sounds like a lovely place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Judy! Even with mild winters in New Mexico I still love the first signs of spring. Am I getting spoiled ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We must have the lion here. Strong winds shook the house the other night. They are calling for one to three inches of snow tonight. 70 degrees by Wednesday. I am ready for the lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous. It's super cold here. And still flurrying. I'm looking forward to spring...soon. It'll be here soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years