Tuesday SOL 6/28/16 - Another Finished Project



Earlier this spring we began our wood wall project in the dining area.  That was completed, but now we've added cabinets and some wall decorations.  Yesterday we got the final piece - the granite counter top finished it off.

















There will probably be some additions to the wall hangings.  I need to get a feel for what it needs, but for now I'm enjoying it.

The final change was made yesterday to our French door going out to the patio.  With the door swinging inward, it was always in the way and there was no screen on it.  So, we replaced it with a sliding glass door.  What a difference it has made.  The French door didn't let in much light, but now it seems like the whole backyard is an extension of the house.

I think (at least as of now) this will be our last large project on our home.  We've been here almost a year and feel completed at home and enjoying every moment of it.

Comments

  1. Nice! What I like is your ability to consider a project finished, and to be satisfied with your house. Not everything has to be never-ending. Your work pleases you, and the door decision sounds like it really made a difference in the space. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! What I like is your ability to consider a project finished, and to be satisfied with your house. Not everything has to be never-ending. Your work pleases you, and the door decision sounds like it really made a difference in the space. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! What a feeling of accomplishment! Hopefully Michelle's new house is not full of projects to tackle too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did. I agree that it is important to get a feel of a place before adding too much. Glad you are enjoying your home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years