Tuesday SOL - 8/23/16 - A Perfectly "Delicious" Day

There's not many times that we can say "we had a perfectly delicious day" in the middle of August in the Ozarks, but Sunday was just that kind of day!

I sat outside on the back patio, reading a book, watching the hummingbirds flit around wondering when I would leave so they could stop and take a drink.

I sat on the front porch watching the butterflies and birds, listening to the cars passing by, lawn mowers purring, locusts chirping their song, watching the puffy clouds slowly moving across the sky and the man at the pond fishing without a care in the world.

I took my glass of wine with me to sit by the pond, watching the dragonflies skim across the water, the fish jumping and making ripples in the smooth water. Feeling the cool breeze along with the warmth of the sunshine.  Feeling the presence of God in this moment - calm, peace, joy, happiness and wonder.

A Perfectly "Delicious" Day that God has blessed us with in the middle of a hot and humid summer.

Comments

  1. Now that's my kind of day! So much of nature to enjoy so close to home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day. Glad you had the chance to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day. Glad you had the chance to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a splendid day! And you described it so well that I felt as if I were sitting beside you on that porch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years