Tuesday SOL 1/31/17 - Waiting & Anticipation
Sometimes I feel like a kid - waiting and anticipating for something special to happen - Christmas, birthdays, last day of school, reaching a special age. The list is endless of what kids wait for and anticipate. But as an adult, I too have to wait and anticipate - vacations, home improvements, reaching a milestone birthday. spring....
Today I'm waiting/anticipating a call from our cabinet man to install two pantry cabinets in my kitchen and move my refrigerator to a better spot. Today I'm waiting/anticipating Saturday when we fly to Sacramento for a week's stay in Angels Camp to enjoy someplace we've never been. I'm anticipating lots of wine tastings, good food, beautiful scenery and hopefully warmer temps (although from the weather station, that's not looking very good).
I'm just as antsy as a kid, waiting for something special to happen.
Today I'm waiting/anticipating a call from our cabinet man to install two pantry cabinets in my kitchen and move my refrigerator to a better spot. Today I'm waiting/anticipating Saturday when we fly to Sacramento for a week's stay in Angels Camp to enjoy someplace we've never been. I'm anticipating lots of wine tastings, good food, beautiful scenery and hopefully warmer temps (although from the weather station, that's not looking very good).
I'm just as antsy as a kid, waiting for something special to happen.

Enjoy your trip! I love the anticipation of events, reminds me of when I was younger.
ReplyDeleteMay your upcoming trip be all you hope for! For me, anticipation is a big part of the overall pleasure of planned events / activities.
ReplyDeleteI think sometimes in life we are so busy we get frustrated with waiting or something not happening on our timeline. I think by changing our thought process and "anticipating" something good coming up can make a positive change in our lives when everything else seems so rushed and busy! Have fun on your trip!
ReplyDeleteHave fun and enjoy. We all have that little bit of "kid: inside of us. May we never lose it.
ReplyDeleteAnticipation is good for the soul -- the waiting for JOY!
ReplyDeleteThe kid inside you keeps you young. Hopefully the days before Saturday go fast. Enjoy your trip.
ReplyDelete