March SOL 14/31 - Something to ponder - The Toothpaste Aisle

Last week, my tube of toothpaste was getting down to the last bit that I could squeeze out.  It was time to check out the toothpaste aisle.  I usually get the same brand and don't pay attention to the array of brands which are then broken down into different types for all sorts of teeth issues.

There's  Colgate, Crest, Sensodyne, Arm & Hammer, Aquafresh, Tom's of Maine???, the brands go on and on.  And then....

Each brand has a whitening, refreshing, gel, paste, maximum white, sensitive, tartar control, mesermizing white???, protective floride, cavity prevention - the products fill a whole aisle.

Now I ask you, what ingredient(s) need to be added, changed, deleted to make all of these different types of toothpaste?  Are they really the same with maybe a hint of mint added?  Or are the toothpaste companies just trying to confuse us with all these fancy words?  Isn't toothpaste, just toothpaste - a way to clean our teeth?


Comments

  1. It does make you wonder. My default toothpaste is pepsodent...only because i like the jingle - You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with pepsodent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! What about the ones that are for older people? I want all the features in one tube. Is that even possible?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something to ponder ... Truly it is a mystery. Funny thing ... it's probably all produced by one company! But honestly, one brand, one kind, one all-in-one toothpaste will do. We could save the world millions .... if only we were in charge! :) Great slice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years