March SOL 17/31 - Why I Write
I can honestly say that I have NEVER thought of myself as "writer". Oh, I write letters and notes. I journal in my scrapbooks. I make lists. I relive events and memories. But a WRITER?
So why do I write these slices every day during March and every Tuesday during the year?
My daughter - Michelle.
She asked me to join her. She encouraged me.
I asked what will I write about. She said life - what's going on each day, what happened in the past, what might be in the future. Share your knowledge and help me and the girls to know what it was like when you were growing up. Share more about Grandma & Grandpa. Share those little things that you find funny, silly or serious. Share about Dad and your life together. Remind me of when I was growing up. Share your experience. Share your time with the girls.
Yes, Michelle was the reason I started on this challenge, but I write because I want to put life and experiences in print. And I write because I enjoy your comments and thoughts. Without them, I don't think I would continue on this journey.
Now, I write for me. I write because I find the JOY that fills my life every day.
So why do I write these slices every day during March and every Tuesday during the year?
My daughter - Michelle.
She asked me to join her. She encouraged me.
I asked what will I write about. She said life - what's going on each day, what happened in the past, what might be in the future. Share your knowledge and help me and the girls to know what it was like when you were growing up. Share more about Grandma & Grandpa. Share those little things that you find funny, silly or serious. Share about Dad and your life together. Remind me of when I was growing up. Share your experience. Share your time with the girls.
Yes, Michelle was the reason I started on this challenge, but I write because I want to put life and experiences in print. And I write because I enjoy your comments and thoughts. Without them, I don't think I would continue on this journey.
Now, I write for me. I write because I find the JOY that fills my life every day.
Beautiful!
ReplyDeletehttps://tammysreadinglife.wordpress.com/
I'm glad you got the push from Michelle, but have continued because it's something you enjoy. What a journey this has been!
ReplyDelete"I asked what will I write about. She said life." - Love it. Two of you writing, encouraging, appreciating each other - wonderful.
ReplyDeleteAw, Mom. This is amazingly sweet! I'm so glad that we are on this journey together ... sharing stories and thoughts and things that we really care about in this life. It fills the void between real conversations. And I'm happy that you are a writer writing for you and capturing all that JOY! Love you, Mom. ~xoxo me
ReplyDeleteYay, Michelle! The connections that we make during this month are so important. Preserving memories is what motivates me...as well as those connections. Thank you for sharing. So glad you joined in.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your "Slice"...I thought I was reading about myself. I too write to recall and preserve what life was, is, and will be. There are reasons we are driven to do this. Enjoy the process and enjoy the reread years from now!
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing how we start out writing for others, comments, and after a while write for us and the joy it brings. So glad you started this journey. Thanks to Michelle for helping you take that first step.
ReplyDelete