March SOL 20/31 - Phone Frustrations

Everything had been working fine.  I could do what I wanted to do on my "smart" Tracfone.  Then....

My phone said I had NO data times left - what?  I don't use data on my phone.  Where did the minutes go?  Apparently something ate it up and I didn't know about it.  Then....

Hubby doesn't use his phone which is a "dumb" Tracfone so he has lots of minutes.  His year was up, so I wanted to transfer his minutes to my phone and let him start over.  Easy right?  Ha!  I called, the tech said, "no problem, it'll be complete in two hours".  I checked my phone at two hours, three hours, four hours to see if they had transferred - nope and his was still reading the same.

So I called back, explained what I wanted to do, got transferred three times (each time repeating my request).  Finally, I got to someone I could understand and she transferred the minutes and all is good.  Then...

I have been using Voxer Walkie Talkie to talk to Michelle for the past three years with no problem.  I had to reinstall it yesterday and now I can only type in my messages, not talk.  I've sent a help request and just got a message that they will check into it.  But, from what I'm seeing, they want me to upgrade and pay a fee.

At least I can send texts and hear Michelle's voice.  The sun is shining, it's going to be 80 degrees today and it's the first day of SPRING!


Comments

  1. Sounds like you got the run around! What a mess. I hope it all works out. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing as frustrating as trying to get tech help over the phone! Ugh.

    By the way, I use Voxer and mine has been working just fine. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very frustrating. However, I am focusing on your weather of 80 degrees. That is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used Voxer but never had that issue before, that is odd!

    I sometimes HATE calling any company for support. I sometimes wonder if they have set up the system to give us the run around hoping we just hang up.

    Have you see the new app by a Google company called Supersonic? It seems to be a Voxer-like app but it will translate your speech into text. So far I have not convinced anyone to try it but it looks fun.

    Enjoy the 80 degrees! It will be about 83 here in St. Louis and it is spring break! The kids and I are about to head out to enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Non't you just love hen they say "No problem"? I am getting the same message on my AT&T Go phone. I need to get it checked out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arggghh! Phone and data issues, definitely not fun! Glad you were able to get it worked out, but then isn't there always another issue around the corner?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It can become a technology black hole of troubles. Happy Spring though. We still have snow, but it was 48 degrees. I can smell Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh "Can you hear me now?" Phones are convenient and frustrating at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so frustrating! Sorry I was not able to help. Hopefully all the kinks work themselves out. If it doesn't, then we will find another way to share your thoughts for the day! :) Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years