March SOL 24/31 - Max Writes
This morning Mom is really tired. I had her up several times during the night. I just haaaad to goooooo. But then I got out the door and I kinda forgot why I came out.
I'm pacing and pacing while Mom is exercising. Dad doesn't hear me - he's still sleeping. I keep pacing, finally Mom opens the door and encourages me to come in and then SHUTS THE DOOR. I don't like closed doors, so I just stood there waiting for it to open. Finally Mom is done. She turns off the light, so we won't disturb Dad. I'm standing in front of the door, so I back up. My eyesight isn't what it used to be, so with the lights off and the door open, I turned into the closet, not knowing where I was. Mom turned around and steered me in the right direction. We went directly to the patio door and out I went. Being an old pooch, I need to go out often.
I waited patiently while Mom did her crossword puzzle, put it was getting time for breakfast. Then she gets up and goes to sit on the porch with Dad. Whaaaaat? Hey, what about breakfast. Oh no, they had to watch the sunrise - like it doesn't do that every day? What's the big deal.
Finally Dad ask's Mom if she wants a ham and cheese omelet and I'm up and wagging my tail saying, yes, yes, yes. Mom gives me MY food which I promptly and quickly devour - I haven't eaten for HOURS. Then I wait - maybe I'll get some omelet or at least lick the plate.
My job is done, it's now time to lay down and take a much needed nap, but I've still got one eye open, just in case Mom gets up to do something.
I'm pacing and pacing while Mom is exercising. Dad doesn't hear me - he's still sleeping. I keep pacing, finally Mom opens the door and encourages me to come in and then SHUTS THE DOOR. I don't like closed doors, so I just stood there waiting for it to open. Finally Mom is done. She turns off the light, so we won't disturb Dad. I'm standing in front of the door, so I back up. My eyesight isn't what it used to be, so with the lights off and the door open, I turned into the closet, not knowing where I was. Mom turned around and steered me in the right direction. We went directly to the patio door and out I went. Being an old pooch, I need to go out often.
I waited patiently while Mom did her crossword puzzle, put it was getting time for breakfast. Then she gets up and goes to sit on the porch with Dad. Whaaaaat? Hey, what about breakfast. Oh no, they had to watch the sunrise - like it doesn't do that every day? What's the big deal.
Finally Dad ask's Mom if she wants a ham and cheese omelet and I'm up and wagging my tail saying, yes, yes, yes. Mom gives me MY food which I promptly and quickly devour - I haven't eaten for HOURS. Then I wait - maybe I'll get some omelet or at least lick the plate.
My job is done, it's now time to lay down and take a much needed nap, but I've still got one eye open, just in case Mom gets up to do something.
Max, I can so relate to being old and going more often. Without my glasses I can't see a thing. I am glad to hear that you keep one eye open because you never know what humans are up to,
ReplyDeleteLaughed at the part about the sunrise....as if that doesn't happen everyday. It looks like you had fun with this.
ReplyDeletePoor Max, life gets harder when you get older.
ReplyDeleteAw, Max. You are still as cute and funny as ever! Hang in there and keep an eye on Mom. That's your job!
ReplyDelete