March SOL 3/31 - Max Writes - I'm Getting Older



Hi, for those of you who haven't met me yet, my name is Max and I'm 15 years old.  This picture was taken of me several years ago and since then, I've aged a lot.  Mom told me it was my turn to write, so here goes....

As with Mom and Dad, I'm getting older.  I have aches and pains and I'm slightly confused.  My hearing isn't as good as it once was (or maybe I'm like Dad and it's called "selective hearing".)  My eyesight is dimishing and I've been running into things lately (maybe Mom has just moved the furniture again).


I don't do much these days - I like to sleep a lot and of course, I try never to go hungry.  My hips are giving me some problems, so we don't take very long walks and I have a hard time sitting/laying down.  I seem to go in circles more and more.

Now I don't want you feeling sorry for me - it's all a part of life and I've had a great one.  Mom and Dad take good care of me and I try to make their lives easy by being a good dog.  Mom says I'm her special "JOY" each day - that her OLW (whatever that means) for 2017.  Maybe I'll have something more exciting to share later this month.

Comments

  1. My black lab is getting old too. It's hard to see our furry loved ones getting up in age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max, you are still one good looking dude. As you say, we are all getting older and have our share of aches and pains. I like to think of them a signs of a well lived life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you will find reasons to write again, keep observing the world and people around you. Focusing on this helps to forget aches and pains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Max. We are all getting older ... but you are still as cute as ever! Keep enJOYing this good life with Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is such a beautiful dog. I'm glad to see Max again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years