Tuesday SOL 5/23/17 - Ranting

While wondering what to write today, I checked the phone and saw four missed calls - no messages.  I checked the numbers, two were "toll free", two from "imc"???   I don't recognize the numbers and am so happy that we have caller ID.  We've received calls from these numbers over the past few weeks or has it been months.  How annoying!  If they really want to tell me something, leave a message.  One thing I can say is that they are definitely persistent!

And since I'm ranting.  Why is it that if you order one thing from a company, you get bombarded with catalogs from ten other companies?  At least this must make the post office happy to have something to deliver to my mailbox.

And then there's the internet...  Start a search and voila it keeps coming back to haunt you every time you change websites. 

I think if I want to find or order something, I need to be the one to make that call, but just because I ordered it once doesn't mean that I need it again.

Technology - isn't it wonderful?

Comments

  1. Ha... all these issues are SO annoying. I do sometimes miss the old days without technology, but then we had those pesky door to door salesmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a site called Catalog Choice where you can tell them to remove your name from a list, Judy. That helps a lot. I agree, I'm getting more catalogs & I did recently make an order. As for the calls. Some may be a scam; don't answer! I'm told when you answer they know that's a number to continue calling. Tech takes time when we don't want to spend it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Judy. These same things happen to me. It makes me glad we have caller ID and a "delete" button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your rant and I agree with all parts! And I hope it made you feel better to "get it out." Well said!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

Tuesday SOL - 9/25/12 - A New Beginning for a Special Couple