Tuesday SOL 5/9/17 - Mother's Day Thoughts

With Mother's Day approaching, I've been thinking a lot about my Mom.  She passed away 28 years ago and yet it seems like only yesterday that I was talking to her on our weekly phone call.  I miss her smiling face, her words of wisdom, her delightful personality...  I miss her!

I started going thru some old pictures this past weekend - pulling out some to give to the kids and my brother,  making piles to put in scrapbooks, laughing, remembering when and where they were taken, wondering who some of these people are, how they're related.  Tossing some because they were so faded that no face was recognizable.

Some time ago, I had started a scrapbook of my Mom's story, but haven't got back to it.  The pictures that I had placed in that book reminded me how lucky I was to have such an amazing Mother.  She was one of those special women who always had a smile on her face - no matter what was happening or how hard of a life she had.  She didn't complain and was always concerned about others, especially her family.  I learned a lot from her, just by watching her actions and listening to her guidance.  She instilled in me my love of the Lord.  She continues to bring joy into my life each day.  I know that she watches over me and my family every day - smiling down on us and giving us a thumbs up.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.  I love you and miss you so much.


Comments

  1. What a wonderful mother you had to emulate! I'm sure Michelle and your son would say the same thing about you. Happy Mother's Day Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like this post, Judy, because my Mom sounds similar to yours. I know that she is watching over on us in from her heavenly home as we wait for the arrival of her great, great granddaughter. Thanks for writing about Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you are able to return to that book about your mother. The stories those photos tell. I would love to hear a MOM story. Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this slice about Grandma .... I only wish I had more time with her in my later years to truly enjoy living life with her. Thank you for continuing to share her stories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years