Tuesday SOL - 7/18/17 - Thinking About My Mom
Tomorrow would have been Mom's 99th birthday.
Summer time reminds me of her.
I know that in Heaven she is enjoying summertime every day. I thank her for showing me how to find joy no matter what time of year, but especially in the summer months. Happy Birthday to a special Mother.
Summer time reminds me of her.
She always had a smile shining brightly, just like the sunshine
She spread love and kindness, like the birds and butterflies flitting about
Her clothesline was filled with sheets & towels and unmentionables,
gently blowing in the fresh summer air
Her vegetable garden flourished and grew,
like her love of life
Her flowers bloomed and brought comfort
to all who received them
No matter what happened in her life,
she always kept summertime thoughts of pure joy
I know that in Heaven she is enjoying summertime every day. I thank her for showing me how to find joy no matter what time of year, but especially in the summer months. Happy Birthday to a special Mother.
What a lovely tribute to someone who helped you become the person you are today. Her actions speak highly of the kind of person she was.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I lost my mom 3 years ago. I miss her dearly. She too was a gardener and I'm sure in heave is enjoying warm summer days. As I read your words my eyes filled with tears. These tears were happy tear and I know she is looking down and smiling as I write this post. Thanks again.. wonderful. https://principalspoints.wordpress.com/2017/07/19/friendship-like-and-octopus-on-your-face/
ReplyDeleteSweet memories of Grandma! She was an amazingly special person...quite like summertime!
ReplyDelete