March 2018 SOLSC 20/31 - Question #11

Tell about a frustrating experience you have had with a car.

I got my driver's license when I was sixteen and I don't remember any instances during high school.  We always took the bus to school and I'd say my driving was limited to short trips.

When I was in business college, I tried to pull into a parking space with cars on each side and apparently I cut it too close and scraped the side of the car, because I wasn't smart enough to stop and back up.  I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I guess because of lack of experience I thought it would be okay to just keep going forward.  Wrong.  Lesson learned.

Another time, the car was making some strange noises and Dad asked me to take it into the dealer to get it checked out.  In that time, I guess the mechanics thought that a young woman didn't know anything and they could just say it was fixed.  I drove it around the block and directly back to the dealer and told them that my Dad wouldn't be happy if they didn't fix it.  Amazingly, they found the problem and no more strange noises.

Then there was the time that I was driving a manual stick car, pulled it into the garage and put it into gear and set the brake (or so I thought).  We lived on a slight hill.  I went inside and we heard this crash.  Ran outside to look and saw that the car had rolled down the hill and up into our neighbors drive and back to the street.  That was scary to think that someone might have been walking on the sidewalk or a car driving by.  Just some rear end damage.

One more that Hubby thinks is really funny.  When we got married, he had a Pontiac Firebird that he used for drag racing,  One day he let me drive it - it was an automatic which was good, but I couldn't leave a stop sign without spinning the tires and taking off like a bolt of lightening.  Maybe I should have tried racing!

Comments

  1. I have more car memories than I though I had when I started reading your post. One involves which car we drove to the hospital when my youngest was born :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I sat down to think about all the car memories that I've had over the years, I'd be thinking all day and doing nothing else! I like your description of driving the Firebird -- the mental picture I got is so funny. :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cars can be a great source of stories. Love the ones you picked to share. I had a car that would stall when crossing intersections. Did not keep that one very long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much life happens related to cars! Wonder what stories there would be if we still used horses for transportation. Fun stories today, however that mechanic one does irritate me. The nerve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This explains so much! Now I definitely know where I got my driving skills from! LOL! Thanks, Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years