March 2018 SOLSC - 22/31 - Windows 1: Me 0

Frustration set in yesterday (and before) when trying to print something from my old laptop.  It was working just fine and then....

Several weeks ago nothing printed, so I tried to delete the printer and reload it.  Oops.  Wouldn't let me reload - "Windows doesn't have a profile".  Tried again, same thing.  Not enough time to get it figured out, so I copied my file and took it to my new laptop and got it to print.

Yesterday, I had some time so I tried again.  I turned on the printer, went to my craft room, turned on the laptop and opened Word.  What's that I hear?  Something printing?  I didn't print anything.  Besides there's no printer loaded on this laptop.  Went to check it out and voila there is the document that I tried to print two weeks ago.  Made me go "hmmmm".  Tried to print something else - "no printer found".  Now I'm really going "hmmmmm".

Tried to reload the printer, put in printer set up disk.  "Windows doesn't have a profile".  So I took the laptop to the printer, hooked it up with a printer cable.  Same thing.  I gave up for the time being.  I will get this printer to work off my old laptop.

Now to figure out how to scan a document, which I've always been able to do before.  Both of my laptops have Windows 10 and I know that is the culprit.  Just don't know how to fix it.  My printer is REALLY old? - bought in 2014.  Time for a new printer?  Grrr.  Frustration.

Comments

  1. I so sympathize with your dilemma. Computers lie -- that's just something we have to accept. Windows is a particular culprit, which is why I have a Mac. But Macs, too, behave irrationally. It could be that your printer needs to update its drivers for Windows 10. Have you tried going to your printer's Website to see if there's an update both for your laptop and for Windows 10?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My printer has quit printing yellow, even though I put a brand new full cartridge in it. I have no suggestions for you, except have you unplugged the printer from the wall? Sometimes that seems to help when the laptop can't find the printer. (of course you have to plug it back in :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technology can be amazing and it can be so frustrating too! Sorry to hear about your dilemma. I have no answers for you. Sometimes you can get ideas if you google it ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technology is great - when it works. When it wants to frustrate us it sure knows how to do it. Hope you get things figured out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years