March 2018 SOLSC 2/31 - The Question Jar

Many years ago, I was looking for something to craft for some friends for a Christmas gift and came upon a list of questions to ponder and relate about one's life, growing up as a child, something to share with your family.  There were about 100 questions - some very thought provoking and others just silly, but a great way to let your family know about your experiences as you were growing up. 

So, I gave each of my friends a journal and put the questions in a "Question Jar".  I kept one for hubby and me.  We started out doing a question a day.  Hubby's not one to write, so he would relate his story and I'd put it in the journal and then write my story.  We did really good for a while, then it became a once a week thing and then it faded away.

So I thought that this March would be a great time to once again open the jar, pick a question for each day and write about our life experiences.

My question for today is:

WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE SCRIPTURE AS A CHILD?  WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SCRIPTURE NOW?

The verses that came to mind were chosen for me by my Pastor when I was confirmed at the age of 13,  Matthew 7:7-8

"Ask and it will be given to you; Seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."

These verses have given me comfort in knowing that God is listening, but I've also found that even though I can ask, I don't always get what I ask for.  That's probably a good thing!  And always in His time and according to His plan.

While these verses continue to remain special to me, I find many other comforting scriptures, especially in the Psalms.  And the one that comforts me the most is Psalm 23.



Comments

  1. A perfect way to find a slice of life! Psalm 23 has always been a favorite of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have that question jar too ... somewhere. This would be a great idea to pull it out and have all of us share our thoughts! Thanks for this reminder, Mom! Beautiful reminders in the scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true these words are. We don't always get what we ask for, but what we do get is always so much better for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A question jar to invite writing - an awesome idea. Using SOLSC to answer the questions - well thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isaiah: There is no peace without justice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 18/31 - The Realtor's Came Yesterday

Tuesday SOL 10/23/12 - Mr. Pockets goes to school

SOL 21/31 - Today We Celebrate 45 Years