March 2018 SOLSC - 26/31 - Movie Review
Yesterday, a group of friends gathered together at the movie theatre to see "I Can Only Imagine". I'm not a movie goer. I don't like the blood and guts or the fantasy. But, I like good, thought provoking plots. This movie was just that - good and thought provoking. The story of how the song "I Can Only Imagine" came to be written. The story of a young man who had a terrible beginning to his life until he accepted God into his life. The story unfolds from there and this song was written and sung by MercyMe and has become the #1 hit.
If you haven't heard the song, here are the lyrics:
I can only imagine by MercyMe
I can only imagine what it will be like
When I walk by your side
I can only imagine what my eyes will see
When your face is before me
I can only imagine
Yeah
Surrounded by your glory
What will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus,
Or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence
Or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing hallelujah?
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
I can only imagine when that day comes
And I find myself standing in the sun
I can only imagine when all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you
I can only imagine, yeah
I can only imagine
Surrounded by your glory
What will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus,
Or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence
Or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing hallelujah?
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine
Yeah
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you
If you haven't heard the song, here are the lyrics:
I can only imagine by MercyMe
I can only imagine what it will be like
When I walk by your side
I can only imagine what my eyes will see
When your face is before me
I can only imagine
Yeah
Surrounded by your glory
What will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus,
Or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence
Or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing hallelujah?
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
I can only imagine when that day comes
And I find myself standing in the sun
I can only imagine when all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you
I can only imagine, yeah
I can only imagine
Surrounded by your glory
What will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus,
Or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence
Or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing hallelujah?
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine
Yeah
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you
If you haven't seen the movie or heard the song, check it out. It's all about forgiveness and forgiving.
My daughter saw this yesterday with her church youth group. She said she cried through the entire movie. They will be discussing the movie at their next meeting. It sounds like a must-see.
ReplyDeleteI am wanting to see this movie, but wondered if it was going to be really hokey (how do you spell that word).
ReplyDeleteI loved the movie(I wrote a slice about it, too). I think it is a great movie for a youth group to see and discuss.
ReplyDeleteI am not familiar with this movie. There are so few movies that I care to see today because of language and scenes that it is good to know that there are movies out there that do promote things that really counts.
ReplyDeleteI'm not familiar with the song or the move, so thanks for the recommendation. It's good when a movie can provoke us to think about our beliefs. It sounds like a lot of youth groups are going to see the movie and discussing it afterwards.
ReplyDeleteHuh ... some how I missed this slice! Great song. I didn't realize the story behind it was a movie! Sounds good!
ReplyDelete